3 || Avoid Him

make sure to vote and comment <3
----

At school, I avoid every single person part of the male population as if my life depended on it. Mainly because of two reasons. One: I was scared they would stare at my body. Two: I was scared that it would turn out to be the boy who gave me his jacket and I'd have to explain myself.

I successfully avoided trouble for half of the day, until lunch, when I had no choice but to sit with my friend group, who all knew about the incident yesterday. "I always knew Rivera was creepy," Veronica comments, playing with the french fry. "I'm surprised you even came to school today, I would have died on the inside," She says. Usually, someone would take offense to a comment like this, but Veronica speaks like this all the time.

I've grown immune to it.

"How did you get out of being sent home anyway?" Jasmine, our other friend, asks. The thought of that sends a flood of anxiety through my brain. Fuck. "Um... hello?"

"I borrowed a jacket from someone I know," I say, half-lying.

"And she has to give it back today," A male voice interrupts our conversation. I look up to see none other than the student from yesterday. All of a sudden, Veronica spits out her water, and Jasmine coughs. "My jacket?"

"Oh, yeah, um, follow me please," I state awkwardly, standing up from my seat. I glance at Veronica, who's staring at me like I've gone insane, and Jasmine just looks plain concerned. "See you later, girls," I smile nervously, waving them goodbye.

This might actually be the last time you see them. Who knows what'll happen to you now?

We both walk out of the cafeteria, and he leans against a nearby locker with his arms folded over his chest, making his muscles flex and look more profound. Don't get me wrong. It's not like he has bodybuilder muscles; his arms still look slender while also being hella attractive. "I don't see my jacket."

"I realized I never got your name. My name is Madison Snow. What's yours?" I ramble.

"Angel Andino." Ironic.

"Um, so, Angel... listen... about your jacket."

"You have it, don't you?"

I nod slowly. I then bring something from my pocket and hand it to him.

"You're kidding?"

I shake my head.

"Why are you handing me a twenty dollar bill?"

"Please forgive me, my brother stole your jacket from me and sold it while I was taking a nap. I always thought I needed a gate for my dog, but I realized I need a gate for my brother too. He's actually worse than a Beagle, he's a menace to society. What makes it worse is that he sold your jacket for twenty dollars and I have no idea how to find it! I'm so sorry, I'll do my best to make it up to you."

His left eye twitches. "What?" He barely gasps. He takes the twenty dollar bill from my hand and takes a long look at it. "Oh. It's a twenty dollar bill now," He whispers softly. "The fuck!" His sudden change in tone makes me flinch back. "That jacket was limited edition, it was worth more than three thousand dollars! Have you lost your mind! Why would you let your brother or any creature near something that expensive?!" He rants, gripping the twenty dollar bill in his hand as if he's picturing my brother in it.

"I'll do whatever to make it up to you!" I squeak out.

"There's nothing you can do now! It's over. It's all over," He shouts dramatically before storming away from me. He goes a few steps before stopping in his tracks. I don't know if I like this. "Actually, you can do something."

"Anything?" I reply, but it comes out more like a question about my decisions.

"Introduce me to your brother."

If I had a drink, I would spit it out right now. But I didn't, and even if I did, I would probably not spit it on him because his jackets are expensive.

——

The rest of the day goes by slowly. When it's time for history class, the only thing on my mind is Mr. Rivera and the way he looked at me last time. I go to the bathroom to take a look at myself in the mirror to make sure none of my provocative parts are being shown. I puff out my sweatshirt and pull it over my ass just to be sure. I also tie my hair into a ponytail, just in case. When I look okay enough, I leave the bathroom and head to my class.

As soon as I enter the classroom, self-consciousness consumes me, and all I can think about is if anything problematic is showing. I keep glancing at Mr. Rivera to make sure he isn't looking at me. I hate this so much. I can barely pay attention to what he's teaching because I'm paying attention to what he's looking at.

My leg keeps shaking nervously, and all I want right now is for class to be over.

The bell finally rings, and I bolt out of the classroom.

I try to slip away unnoticed to my car, hoping not to be found be Angel. Lucky for me, I run into him in the parking lot. Fuck. "Don't run away from me. You owe me my jacket. You said you'd call your brother here."

"He's busy, and if you honestly just think about it, money is just paper," I argue, sounding lame. "I'll pay you back myself, don't bring my brother into this." As much as I hate Aaron for the shit he pulled, he can't be owing anyone so much money. At least not yet.

"I never asked your brother to pay me back. I just want to meet him."

"No, you can't. He has soccer practice today."

"Then let's go to his soccer practice."

"Are you really that interested in meeting my brother?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"You can't bully him. I'll be right there when you talk to him, and if you make him uncomfortable, we're leaving."

I can see him roll his eyes at me as if saying, 'bitch, shut the fuck up, I wouldn't do that.' Maybe he wouldn't, but I can't let Aaron get bullied. At least, not again.

--- 

a/n: i think i might have half-assed this chapter. if anything was wrong with it, please excuse me. i know i'm not the best writer... i think sometimes my writing is monotonous but... I'll improve. 

anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter <3

what do u think angel will do when he meets aaron? 

anyway, thanks sm for reading! ilysm!! <3