11 || Magical

make sure you vote and comment! <3 this is a longer one. 
----

"Coffee? Isn't it going to get chillier later today? I'll just make us coffee inside. Let's go back inside." Angel closes his eyes for a second, without moving or saying a word. I'm not even sure he's breathing.

"Uh, actually, I just remembered, I have to go help a friend with homework. See you another time." He walks away, and towards his car. I want to stop him and ask him for his number, but that could be pushing the limits too much. He could probably want nothing to do with me after today.

"Bye, see you another time..." By the time I say the words, he's out of earshot and my words are carried into the wind. "Oh... okay." Now that I have nothing to do outside, I return back to find that Aaron has left and the living room is empty.

I shut the door behind me and lay down on the couch to watch some television. I start watching Never Have I Ever, which is about this girl in a love triangle. At one point, she's in a love square, but we don't like him anyway. Personally, I admire her character development. It's really prominent and I'm happy that she's able to be more mature than she was at the start of the show.

We all have character development in our lives, because each and every one of us, at one point, were really shitty ass people. Whether we showed it to the world or not. And if we stayed that way, the world would be a horrible place.

Damn, I'm getting deep. I shake away my thoughts and focus on the show, watching it mindlessly.

A few episodes in and I hear my phone ring with a text just as Devi gets ready to have sex with Paxton.

Harley:

7.21 pm - hi

Me:

7.22 pm - hey

Harley:

7.22 pm - how does tmrw sound

Me:

7.22 pm - that works. what time

Harley:

7.23 pm - around nine?

Me:

7.23 pm - cool

He reads that message and doesn't reply. I guess it wasn't anything worth replying to, but it still annoys me. He could have at least liked the message. How rude. But at the same time, we don't know each other that well anyway, so why would he?

You're overthinking. Just watch the show.

I continue watching for the next hour until I subconsciously fall asleep. I don't know how long I fell asleep, but I'm woken up by my family's conversation.

"He's getting fired. Maddison's statement from the hospital was enough to get him rid of his job," My dad says. "But it's going to be more difficult to get him into prison."

"Why?" My mom asks. "There was evidence. His DNA was in her nails. There was a witness. There was her statement, that's more than enough evidence."

I hear a crack under my hand, and notice that I've been squeezing the remote so hard that it's almost broken. I let go immediately, and try to drown out their conversation by increasing the volume of the show. But I still hear them. I increase the volume all the way and cover my ears.

Aaron, who's in the dining room, runs towards the TV with his hands over his ears and turns it off. "Holy shit, Maddison! What the fuck was that?!"

"I don't know," I shrug, and run to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me. I make as much noise as possible so I don't have to listen to my parents. As if to save me from my misery, my phone dings with a message.