4 || That's Enough

make sure you vote and comment! <3 ily

---- 

We pull up at the field Aaron and his team practice on. I'm nervous about what's going to happen. Will he make Aaron pay up? Will he make him feel bad about what he did?

That's my job.

"Which one is your brother?" Angel asks, standing next to me with his arms crossed over his chest. I point to Aaron, who's running full speed with the ball toward the goal. I've never seen him run so fast. Maybe all his hard work is finally paying off.

When he scores, everyone cheers, and the coach nods in approval. I can already feel the pride radiating off of him. I find myself smiling without even noticing it. After lapping up his moment of glory, Aaron finally notices me standing here. He leaves his group and jogs towards us but slows down in confusion when he looks at Angel next to me.

"Who's that?" He asks.

I sigh and reluctantly tell him. "He wants to talk to you."

"Oh... okay?" He says quietly, turning towards Angel. I can tell he's intimidated by Angel because of the height difference and also considering the fact that Angel is four years older than him. Plus, Angel looks like he could beat Aaron up any day.

So naturally, I stay close by to them so I can jump in if needed.

"What's your name?" Angel asks.

"Aaron."

"Nice to meet you Aaron. I heard from your sister that you're really bad at doing business." I cock an eyebrow, trying to figure out what he's getting at. Aaron sends a look in my direction because Angel tugs him farther away from me.

I keep my eyes glued on Aaron and Angel and try my best to listen to their conversation. "Look who it is! Madison!" Aaron's coach, Mr. Jordan, greets me. Fuck, not the time. "How you doing kid?" I have no other option but to turn around and talk to him.

"Hi, Mr. Jordan. Yeah, I know, it's been a while."

"Who's that talking to Aaron over there? I didn't think Aaron talked to people outside the team."

"Yeah... life is full of surprises," I mumble hazily, observing Aaron's face. Aaron is listening to Angel's words carefully. I haven't seen him pay this much attention in class. What's Angel saying that's so important?

"So, how's it been with you?" Mr. Jordan interrupts me from being able to stalk my brother. Bruh.

"Good," I reply curtly before proceeding to stare at Angel.

"You okay? I've never seen you thirst over a guy this obviously." I cough in shock as I look at Mr. Jordan with wide eyes.

"I'm not... I'm not thirsting over anyone. I just want to know what they're talking about."

"Aaron looks fine. You don't have to worry about him all the time," He replies. "He's also been doing really well in soccer lately. I don't think there's anything for you to worry about."

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean I can't be curious."

"Yeah, just like how I'm curious about what's been going on with you. Have you started applying to colleges yet?"

"Not yet, I'm still working on my essay. But somehow, I can't find anything to write about. I'm sure I'll come up with something soon though. Mom and dad are also thinking about sending me to a college counselor, so that's happening. Nothing eventful has been happening though."

That's a lie. Your teacher is a pervert, and you lost a three-thousand-dollar jacket.

But Mr. Jordan doesn't need to know everything. Adults make everything worse sometimes.

"Good, good. Don't lose focus on your future kid. It's more important than you think." I smile at him. He always says the most obvious things, but somehow, they sound so much more motivational coming from him. I guess that's what coaches do.

Between our conversations, I keep glancing at Aaron to ensure Angel hasn't beaten him up. Angel shares a final word with Aaron, and they both look over at me. I whip my head away suddenly to not be caught, but instead, I just feel a sharp pain in my neck. "Fuck!" I scream, wincing and massaging my neck.

"Told you not to be thirsting over him."

"I wasn't!" I hiss and turn back to them, casually this time. "Oh, hi! You're done talking?" I say, making an effort to act like I wasn't keeping a track of their conversation.

"Yeah, we're good," Aaron replies casually.

"So... what happened?"

"Nothing," He shrugs. I look to Angel for answers now, and he shrugs as well. I hate both of them.

"Bruh," I groan. "I wanna know. I was the one who brought you to meet him!"

"A taxi driver does the same thing. That don't mean they has to know what I'm off to do," Angel argues, and I feel my jaw drop. Did he just compare me to a driver? I'm nothing but a driver- That feels so degrading after all I've done to bring them two together! Angel was the one who wanted his jacket, and Aaron was the one who fucking sold it. I had no business trying to bring them together, but I did anyway.

I deserve an explanation.

"Fuck all of you!" I growl before storming off the field. "I'm not giving you a ride back, Aaron. Spend some money today! Or take a walk. Whatever you want."

"Don't worry kid, I'll give you a lift," Angel assures him, and Aaron beams. I want to smack both of them, but I don't. I continue to storm off the field and towards my car. I can't believe Aaron completely ditched me. I'm his sister. He met Angel a few minutes ago.

On the bright side, I'm sure the issue with Angel has been resolved, and I won't have to involve myself in shit like this again. I don't have to talk to him or see him ever again if I don't want to. It's over.

And that's enough.  

---- 

a/n: I'm currently reading a book on wattpad rn and it's broken my heart. i want to write something heartbreaking. so maybe i'll turn this book into a heartbreak book. idk. let's see. everything rn depends on my mood. 

anyway, i got my midterm scores, pain. they were alright though. 

but yeah, anyway, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. thanks sm for reading!! it means a lot <3 make sure you vote and comment! it makes my day, fr. 

what did you think angel told aaron?? 

ilysmm!!! baii!