20 || Tsunami

make sure you votee and comment! bc it's angel and he wants to vote and comment as well. 
----

The last person I expected to be waiting at my doorstep when I pulled into my driveway, was Angel. I didn't think he wanted to see me again after the disappointing walk we took. But here he was, wearing a different jacket, but still looking ravishing as ever.

I walked up to him, trying to seem casual. Of course, it didn't help considering the fact that he has almost a million followers on Instagram, and is a model for famous brands. But I did my best in staying calm.

"Hey," I say with an awkward wave. "Do you wanna come in? It's getting a little cold."

"Oh, yeah... sure," He replies, just as awkward. No, actually, he wasn't being awkward. He was just nervous. Which I didn't understand why. He's a fucking celebrity. Why is waiting by my door in the first place? I open the door for him, and we both step inside, into the warmth.

My parents still aren't back yet, and I'm sure Aaron is somewhere with his friends. Or that girl he's been running after for the past couple of months. He won't get her, though. She doesn't deserve him anyway.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I ask. "Or eat. Hold on, let me get some snacks." I turn around to go get something from the kitchen but am immediately stopped by his hand around my wrist.

"Wait." His words lace around my entire body in a beautiful warmth that I can't explain. It was like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket during a cold winter night, watching romance movies, and drinking hot chocolate. "I need to ask you something."

"What?" I ask, my breath coming out in nervous rhythms. I turn back around and look into his gorgeous eyes. He looks Asian, but his last name is probably of Greek origin. Maybe he's mixed. Who knows?

"When are you coming back to school?"

Oh.

"I'm not sure if I'm ever going back there. I'm probably going to transfer."

"Oh..."

"Why?"

"Just wondering. Since it's been more than two weeks."

"That's all you came for?" I feel a little disappointed. I thought he was here to spend time with me. But I now understand that I was delusional. My friends were delusional as well. I can't believe they thought he liked me. I resist the urge to let out a sick, twisted laugh at the way the universe was playing with me.

"Um... not really. I wanted to see you."

"Well, you saw me. Nothing special." Damn, way to go, Madison. Slap yourself real quick.

"Are you still planning on bringing snacks?" Wait. Does he want to stay? Well, Angel, say less. You can have all the snacks you want. But I don't say that.

"Yeah, have a seat. I'll be back."

When he makes his way to the couch, I make my way to the kitchen and rampage through our snacks like I was starving for days. I grab everything and anything I could find. I have no idea what he likes, but out of all these, maybe he could choose one.

But that might make me look desperate. I put away all the snacks, and bring out a giant bag of chips, and another bag of popcorn. He can have whichever one he wants. Or both. I don't care. Aaron might but I think he loves Angel, so it's whatever.

I bring out two bowls for us and take them all over to the couch. "Here, you can have whichever one you want," I say, placing the bags and bowls on the coffee table in front of him. He eyes the snacks for a second too long, as if he's thinking about something. He takes the popcorn and opens the bag, pouring himself an entire bowl.

"What do you wanna watch?" I ask, feeling a little nervous. Mostly because he's fucking beautiful. A graceful kind of beautiful that you don't come across every day.

"Anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"You did this to yourself."

"I won't regret it, trust me."

— — —

Halfway into the movie and I swear, Angel is this close to clinging onto me. I was playing one of my favorite horror movies. The Conjuring. It wasn't that scary, personally. There was limited jump scares and you knew when they were going to happen because everything would go silent. If there was music, then that mean no jump scare was going to happen, they were just trying to build anticipation and make you afraid.

But poor Angel didn't seem to know that.

"I swear, she's going to be behind the door." His voice is a little more high-pitched than usual. The door slams shut, and he screams. I was enjoying his reaction more than the movie. "Fuck!"

"Oh come on, it's not that scary."

"Yes... yes, it is."

"You act all high and mighty, but can't handle a classic horror movie?"

Before he can reply, the movie goes silent and can see him grip the couch, inches away from my thigh. Oh, how I wish to be on the couch right now. I get ready for the jumpscare, which I personally think is the scariest out of all of them in this movie. When she's in the basement and the ghost starts attacking her.

I can't wait to see Angel's reaction to this one. I can feel his fear growing more and more, as he stares at the screen. He squints his eyes, getting ready to close them, and places his hands near his ear, just in case the sound gets loud all of a sudden.

When the jump scare arrives, he screams, shuts his eyes close, and nearly falls over... in my direction. "I can't watch more," He hisses, his eyes closed. Mustering up the courage, I take his hand and pull it closer to me.

"It's okay. You can hold on to me," I wink. Internally, I'm actually dying because his gorgeous eyes lock into mine for longer than I can scientifically handle and all I want to do is run away in embarrassment at my sudden burst of confidence.

He inches closer to me until we're both wrapped in each other's arms. His warmth engulfs me whole, and all I want is more of him. Fuck the scary movie. My heart is about to explode from being in such close proximity to him. I just pray he can't feel my heartbeat.

Then again, his heartbeat is probably out of the roof from the scary movie.

Angel shuts his eyes so tight, it probably hurts, as he buries his face into my neck at another jump scare. AHH! I can't handle this. It's too much.

I somehow manage to survive the rest of the movie without giving in to his beauty. I just hope that I can hold out longer because this boy is traumatized from that movie, and I'm not sure he's in any state to drive home in the dark.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, with a sly grin on my face.

"Let's..." His voice comes out high-pitched. He clears his throat. "Let's do that again."

"Are you sure? You look pretty traumatized."

"I liked it."

"You liked being traumatized?"

"No. I liked holding onto you."

He needs to leave. Now. Before I fucking lose control and kiss the fucking daylights out of him.

"What are you thinking?" He asks.

Fuck it. "How my lips would feel on yours."

That's all it took. Because his lips crashed down on mine, like a tsunami that was trying its best to hold back. And I loved every second of it. 

---- 

a/n: welp, it was slow burn enough. time for DRAMA. this book is at the 22,000 word mark, and i really wanna make it to 50K we'll see. my last book was more than 100K words... so yeah. anyway. 

i hope you liked this chapter... what did you think of angel? hehe. i love him. i want him. give me him. 

what did you think of madison in this chapter? 

anyhoooooooo. thanks sm for reading!! i love you so so so so much!!!