29 || Cleaning Up

OMG I UPDATED. SLAYY.  ANYWAY. MAKE SURE YOU VOTE. AND COMMENT. 

I'M SERIOUS. COMMENT. IT MOTIVATES ME TO UPDATE. 

GIVE. 

ME. 

ATTENTION. 

ANYWAY. ALSO, ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. 
--------

I'm driving Angel's car to Harley's place right now. I need to fix as many things in my life as I can. It's still going to be messed up in the end, and I'm not even sure if it's going to be a mess I'll be able to handle but it's still going to be less messy.

The time is 10:13 AM, and instead of being at school, I'm driving to a boy's place to reject him. Not that he likes me or anything. I just want to let him know where I stand with him since I can't ghost him forever. I maintain a steady speed as I turn into my neighborhood. It takes around twenty minutes from here to the super-rich side of town. I soak up the similarity of the suburban houses. Their similar structures. Their neatly mowed lawns... everything clean and normal about them. The same streets I would play in as a kid. The same streets where I would be until the sky sank into a purple and orange art and then turned black.

The place was the same. The memories I held within me became darker. Tainted. They became disgusting.

Reflexively, I stepped on the brakes, and the car came to a screeching halt. For a split second, I was glad I was in a car with sharp brakes. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them again to see Aaron on the ground and three boys towering over him. I stayed in the car for a second until I saw blood on the side of Aaron's mouth and scrapes all over his face and arms.

My blood started to boil as I watched Aaron covering his face with his hands on the ground. Without missing a second, I got out of the car and stormed straight over to the boys, and swung my fist into one of their faces. "What the fuck?" One of them shouted as the boy I punched staggered backward. I fisted his shirt, pulled him closer, and kneed him right in the balls with full force. He fell to the ground, clutching his balls, his face red.

Before the other two could react, I grabbed one by the hair and pulled him straight to the ground, ramming his face to the ground, making sure his face felt the concrete impact good and well. I stood up straight and slapped the last one across the face. "Don't mess with him or anyone ever again," I threatened as I slapped him over and over again. "If I see any of you around him again, I will cut off your dicks and feed it to you, you understand?"

He nodded desperately. I slapped one more time, just for satisfaction, before I turned to Aaron, took him by his arm, and lifted him up. "Get in the car," I told him. When I was holding his hand, I could feel it tremble. It was causing my hand to shake with it. "Get in the car, okay?" I repeated, softer this time. He hung his face low but got in the car. I followed after him and shut the door. I let the engine make a loud noise, and the boys scurried out of the way. I started driving, and we sat silently until I stopped the car in front of our house.

He just sat there, blood flowing slowly down his mouth. His teeth were covered in blood too. I clenched the steering wheel as I observed his injuries more. "Should I call mom?"

"No. Just leave me alone. I'll be fine."

"Why weren't you at school?"

"Fuck off," His voice felt defeated. My heart sank. He stared at his palms, which were red from falling. Then he reached for the door and left the car. I followed after him. Harley can wait.

"I need to make sure you're okay," I say, catching up to him. "You're bleeding pretty badly." He doesn't reply but doesn't try to escape me either. He just walks slowly to the door. I notice a slight limp, and that only makes me further furious. How dare they lay hands on him?