Epilogue || The End and Beginning

make sure you vote and comment! ahhhhh, this is the end of this book, I'm emotional. and thank you so so so so much to those who made it here, it means the entire world. i love you! enjoy! 
-------

Ten years later.

I wasn't sure what to do with my face. It wouldn't stop smiling or tearing up every five minutes, only for Ashley and Jasmine and Veronica and my mom to tell me to pull myself together because I was ruining my makeup. But each time I build a wall between my tear ducts and my eyes, they fall apart.

It took me ten tears of blind simping and basically worshiping the ground he walks on, millions of dates, thousands of nights where we had sex, and five pregnancy scares for him to finally get on his fucking knee and propose.

Sometimes, he'd take us out on a really fancy dinner date only to not propose, because he's rich and has enough money to toss around on dates like those just because he feels like it. Meanwhile, I am struggling to get my law firm on its feet. I worked at a famous law firm for a couple of years before saving up a good amount (and Angel chipped in) to be able to start my law firm. And I was stressed out for a while about that, and I still am, but it's doing so much better.

But that's not the point. The point is that I'm here. On my wedding day. On a venue that costs a fortune because Angel wanted an extravagant wedding because he's just like that. He loves fashion and pretty, and expensive things. He wants attention. He wants the press. He wants this to trend on social media.

And it will. It will trend on social media, and he will get attention, and this will appear on news sites. So not only am I making efforts to look good for him, but also for the internet. Because in these past ten years, I've seen his popularity skyrocket. He has more than a hundred million followers on Instagram. He's the highest-paid male model. Whenever I think I want to read some stories online, I see his face as the face claim, and it's hilarious, so I run to Angel, and we both read the stories together, and I get him to reenact it with me, pretending I'm the main character and it's created one of the best core memories.

Sometimes we even read the smut and try it. We've handcuffed each other. Blindfolded each other. Literally tried most of the kinky shit written on there. It was fun. And turned me on beyond measure.

There have been a lot of updates in our lives. Angel no longer suffers from an eating disorder, and he still looks so fucking hot. He's gotten more confident with his body. He still hyper analyzes his pictures before posting them on Instagram, but he's less nitpicky.

I graduated from Harvard and Harvard Law. It was one of the most stressful years of my life, and I nearly broke up with Angel over something petty. I'm finally able to say that I've recovered from the trauma of that sexual assault. The year after Rivera got out of jail was the worst for me. I could barely sleep and got panic attacks for every little thing, but I was soon able to move past all that. I moved in with Angel after I got a job.

He cut off his parents completely but still sends them money so they can survive.

And.

Finally.

I'm at peace with my life. I'm at peace with where I am and who I was, and how I've changed. I'm at peace from all the turmoil and suffering I had to go through in my teenage years. And I've accepted it. I've accepted it and moved on, and now I'm here. I'm here, getting ready to marry the love of my life, and I couldn't more content with my life. And wherever we go from here, I'll always be content.

"Angel!" I hear Ashley hiss. "Get out. Don't you dare come in here with your insanely attractive ass? Just so you know, Madison believes very strongly in superstitions and doesn't want to see your face until the wedding, so if you could just get the heck out."