8 || Nothing Happened

make sure you vote and comment <3
---- 

My mom cries some more after seeing the blood on my body. The doctors don't really seem fazed, which I'm guessing is because they've seen this a lot. That makes it a lot worse. Dad and Aaron are outside in the waiting area while my mom tends to my wounds. She's a doctor, after all, and it was the only way to treat my wounds.

I wasn't letting anyone else look at my body.

"It's cold," I shudder at every touch of disinfectant my mom applies to my body. The room's temperature is cold. The disinfectant is fucking cold. My mom's hands are the only thing warming me right now. And the cup of hot chocolate she gave me to drink while she treated me.

"I know, baby. Just a little more. Then you have all the blankets and jackets you want," She whispers soothingly. I wince at another cold dab at my skin. "I'm sorry, darling. Just bear with me for a little longer."

I start crying again. I don't know if it's because of the cold or just... everything else. "Mommy," I cry. "Mommy, I'm cold. Help me... make it stop."

"I'm so sorry baby... Just a few more..." She continues to dab at me with the cold liquid while I cry helplessly. Then she starts to bandage my skin gently. The bandages are warm against my skin. Like an extra layer of protection.

I take another sip of my hot chocolate, allowing the warmth to spread through my body. "I'm sorry." I whisper to my mom.

"None of this is your fault, Maddie."

But it is. I let it happen.

I don't hesitate to put on my clothes when she's done bandaging me up. My bra presses against my bandages, but I don't care... I'm wearing it. I'm not making that mistake again. I wear Angel's jacket over my sweatshirt, letting the warmth soothe me.

"Do you want to go home now?" She asks me. I nod my head. I don't want to spend any more time in this place.

— — —

When I woke up the following day, everything seemed normal. It was so normal that I woke up at my usual time to take a shower and get ready for school. It was only when I touched the cold handle of my bathroom and felt the sting of the bandages that I remembered everything that had happened yesterday.

I return to bed, trying not to recall everything that happened yesterday evening. Instead, I check my phone. There are a million messages from my friends. Plus, even more missed calls. Before I can take a closer look at them, I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door opens, and I see my mom and dad entering my bedroom. "How are you feeling?" My mom asks.

I shrug. "We want you to take as much time as you need," My dad starts. "I have a good friend who's a really good lawyer. We won't let this off lightly."

"In the meantime, you should focus on recovering. I have an appointment with a therapist for you today. She's well known across the state," My mom tells me. They both look like they're talking to a ticking time bomb. As if I might explode any second.

Well, I'm not. I'm still the same Madison as yesterday morning.

Only a little more fucked in the head. Nothing much. "There's nothing wrong with me."

"Yes, we know," My mom says, with a small smile on her face. "But, let's go see her too."

I don't put up a fight against them. They can do whatever they want with me. It's too tiring trying to tell them I'm fine. Maybe they're right. Maybe I am so messed up in their eyes after yesterday that they feel the need to send me a therapist. Maybe everyone sees it except me.

I don't fucking know.

"Sure. You can leave now." They both exchange looks but don't say anything. I watch them leave the room and then take out my phone again to look at Ashley's messages.

Ashley-bear:

3:00pm - are u done?

3.10 pm - bitch reply.

3.30 pm - i actually gotta go get greg from school, i'll see ya later.

5.00 pm - wanna come over and watch a movie?

5.30 pm - why are u ghosting me?

5.45 pm - bitch, r u okay?

5.49 pm - missed call from Ashley-bear

5.52 pm - missed call from Ashley-bear

6.01 pm - if u don't reply, i'm coming over

6.23 pm - i'm on my way

6.30 pm - missed call from Ashley-bear

6.32 pm - missed call from Ashley-bear

6.34 pm - no one's home??? omg, r u okay.

6.35 pm - bitch, fuck u

6.36 pm - REPLY!!!!!

6.37 pm - if u don't tell me ur okay rn

6.40 pm - even ur brother isn't replying, r u all collectively avoiding me

6.44 pm - i don't wanna assume the worst

6.44 pm - just tell me ur okay

7.21 pm - 5 missed calls from Ashley-bear

9.00 pm - still nothing?

9.34 pm - pls reply

10.33 pm - i'm trying to study for a fucking exam we have tmrw, but i can't bc i'm worried abt ur ass

1.48 am - bruh.

2.30 am - missed call from Ashley-bear

2.31 am - missed call from Ashley-bear

Jasmineyy:

7.43 pm - hey, can you send me what you got for the math hw

7.54 pm - pls, i need it

9.21 pm - it's okay, i finished it, ty anyway :)

10.19 pm - r u okay??

Veronicaaa:

4.11 pm - omg sorry, i totally forgot to reply, i swear, i thought i replied

And a bunch more messages that I didn't feel like reading. I just text everyone a small "I'm okay, sorry" text. I don't want to worry them. And to be honest, I am fine. They don't need to know everything that happened to me. It wasn't significant.

It was only life-changing and traumatic.

They didn't need to know that. They didn't know anything because eventually, I'll be fine. Then, everything can go back to how it was, and it'll be like nothing ever happened. 

---- 

a/n: for a second, i had lost motivation to write anything. anyway, here's a chapter, idk if it was good or bad. i have a really good idea for what's gonna happen the rest of this book, so, yeah, I'm thinking about how I'm going to write that in. 

I'm also studying for college shit, so, I'm not gonna have the most regular updates. :) pls understand. 

also, i tried to socialize on Friday, it was the most draining shit i ever done. i came home and had a mental breakdown. also bc i lost my id card, and i couldn't get into my dorm building and had to wait until someone opened the door for me, and it was terrible, and then when i made it to my dorm, i wanted a snack but i didn't have anything and it was 10pm and everything was closed, so i just drank chocolate milk and watched never have i ever, because i was in that mood.

anyway. yeah, that was terrible. 

but i still updated my story. which i hope you liked. 

thank u for reading <3 ilysm!!!!!