5 || Easy A

make sure you vote and comment! <3 ily!
TW: sexual... assault. kinda spoils the chapter, but for those who get triggered by this, please skip! this entire chapter isn't like this, only the second half.
----

"I totally saw you talking to Angel afterschool!" Veronica squeals.

"As much as I hate to pry into your personal life..." Jasmine starts. "I want to know too! What did he want?! Tell us everything."

Ashley was the only one who knew my dilemma, and she expressed her feelings very clearly towards my brother through a series of words... Graphic words. Colorful. Artistic.

"Nothing really, he's just been getting on my nerves lately," I reply honestly. "But I sorted it out, he shouldn't be bothering me anytime soon."

"Oh. Nothing romantic?" Jasmine asks, seeming slightly disappointed.

"Nah, not really. I'm not trying to get into a serious relationship senior year. We're all leaving for college soon anyway." The thought of leaving for college makes me a little sad. I'm going to be leaving many of my friends behind, but at the same time, it'll be a fresh start. Away from annoying teachers and people.

It's gonna be nice.

"Oh my God! You guys, I can't imagine anything without you!" Veronica cries out. "We need to hang out as much as possible before we all leave!"

"Of course!" Ashley replies. "How about we go to a movie tonight to start? I heard this horror movie came out. It'll be a perfect start to October."

"I... uh... I have a thing. Tonight," Jasmine says.

"Aw, no... We can reschedule," Ashley replies.

"No! I mean.. you all can go. I don't wanna ruin a night of fun."

"Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.

"Yeah. I mean... It's kind of embarrassing."

"No!" We all jump in at once. "You shouldn't be ashamed of anything. You're such an amazing person! We won't judge, we promise. We love you for who you are!"

"A few years ago, when dressing up as clowns around Halloween and scaring people... well, I was with my cousin in the car, and we ran into one. But he was really scary. He had a real knife and everything and he was trying to stab through our window. I kept screaming for my cousin to drive but she was so scared, I think she was too scared to move. Anyway, he broke the glass and... it was really scary. I had panic attacks for several months after that. I don't think I can handle another horrible thing."

"Aw! No, of course not, we totally understand. We don't have to watch an actual scary movie. We don't even have to go to the movies, actually!" Ashley coos. "Let's watch a relaxing Netflix show!"

"Aw, thank you so much," Jasmine replies, turning slightly red. "I love you guys so much."

"We do too."

The rest of the conversation carries on. We make jokes and talk about boys and how much we hate homework. The usual high school stuff. I love my friends so much.

— — —

I'm back in history class with an assignment in front of me. I find it easier to focus this time, because I know for sure I'm not wearing anything that's violating the dress code. I'm covering almost all of my body except my arms and face. Mr. Rivera is walking around, helping students if they needed anything.

I ignore him and focus on my assignment. There's nothing he can look at now, so I shouldn't be worried.

I realize that I read the entire paragraph but didn't understand a single word. So I start over and actually try to comprehend what I'm reading. World War II. Hitler. Germany. USSR. The United States. War. Death. Statistics.

"Madison, how's it going here? You need any help?"

"Uh..." I freeze up. I don't know what to say, and I feel my heart start to race. Taking this as an invitation to help me, he crouches down and places one of his hands on the back of my chair for support. This is normal for teachers. He's just trying to help you.

"Let's see..." He begins to read the question I left off on and I try to focus on that, until I feel cold, hard hands grazing the back of my neck, playing around with my hair. I shift uncomfortably in my chair, leaning forward, practically sitting on the edge of my seat.

Luckily, for me, he stops, and his hands return to where they were. Maybe I was just panicking for no reason. He's not doing anything to you. I should have kept pepper spray with me. He's not going to hurt you.

"Yeah, so the USSR partnered up with the USA because we had a common enemy. I hope that helps."

"Yeah, thank you," I reply politely. He walks away and for the rest of the class, I find myself unable to focus on anything else. A few minutes before the class ends, Mr. Rivera stops by my desk.

"This is due today, you know that right?"

"Yeah... sorry."

"I'm gonna have to ask you to stay afterschool to complete it."

"Can I come in another day?"

"I'll have to give you a zero on the assignment otherwise. Your grade is between an A and a B. I wouldn't take such risks if I'm planning on applying to top colleges."

"Oh, okay, sure." I hated his tone of voice. But he was known to be a mean teacher. I guess this is just him being mean. "Sorry," I add so that he doesn't hate me. The bell rings before any further words can be spoken. I stay put in my seat, while everyone else hands in their paper and leaves.

"I'll catch up with you later," I tell Ashley, who nods, giving Mr. Rivera a secret glare before walking away. Now, the only people in the class are Mr. Rivera and me. I look down to my paper to finish as fast as possible so that I can leave and go home.

"You don't have to finish the assignment if you don't want to," Mr. Rivera starts. I look up at him, confused. "I'll give an easy A." What does he mean by that? I quickly look at the door, which seems to be closed. I silently pray that it's not locked as well.

"It's okay, I'll complete the assignment," I say quietly. I can feel my heart starting to beat fastly in my heart. "Actually, it's okay, you can give me a zero for this assignment, I'll go. Sorry."

"You can't possibly be rejecting an easy A in this class? Didn't you ask me for my recommendation letter as well? I'll write you a glowing recommendation letter which can easily get you into your dream colleges. Just give me what I want."

I walk quickly towards the door, but he grabs my backpack and pulls me backward towards me. "Don't make this hard. Trust me, it'll be worth it." He presses his hand against my mouth and slams my head against the wall. It hurts so bad that I start to feel lightheaded.

I feel my slowly losing control over my body as he gains it. I try to look around for a security camera, but then I remembered him saying last week that his classroom's camera had broken and they were getting a new one to fix it soon.

I start to feel hopeless as his hand continues to cover my mouth. 

---- 

a/n: sa isn't okay. if u r a victim or know a victim, u know how hard it is <3 never hesitate to seek help, ur not alone <3 we love you! we respect u! ur so brave, u got this!!

and um, sorry for this chapter. idk why i made it take such a turn. 

hope you i can't say enjoyed, this was sickening, but i hope this was a well written chapter. thank you so much for reading and supporting my writing! ilysm! <3 stay strong!