27 || Empty Bottle

make sure you vote and comment <3 ily!
----

I stay glued to Angel all the way to my first class. We're almost there when Angel's grip on my arm tightens. I glance up at his face and notice that it's paler than before. Fuck class, he's not okay. I hold onto his arm and pull him into a stairwell that no one walks into.

"Are you okay?" I ask again, this time, more sternly. "Angel, you're not okay."

He leans his back against the wall and closes his eyes. I touch his forehead once again. Shit. I know I talk about how I love Angel's warmth and stuff, but even I'm sure this is not a normal temperature for someone to have. "Angel... you're burning up."

"No, I'm fine," He shakes his head, but his voice is quiet. "You should go to class. Enjoy your first day back."

"Fuck my first day back. You shouldn't be here at all. We're leaving," I order. He winces slightly and sinks further against the wall. "Yeah, we're leaving," I pull him out of the exit door in the stairwell and out of the school building. This is also an excuse for me not to go to school officially for another day or two. Plus, he needs medicine.

He looks like he hasn't bothered taking care of himself, even if he's sick as fuck. I go to his car. He fishes the key out of his jacket pocket and unlocks it. I open the door for him. He doesn't put up a fight. "Stay here," I tell him. "I'll get your backpack. Is there anything else you need?"

"No," He shakes his head.

I run back into the school and head straight toward his math class. I don't bat an eye as I walk to his desk and shove all his things into this expensive ass backpack, and sling it into my back. "Are you stealing his things?" A boy calls out.

"No," I reply curtly and proceed to try and rush out of the room. A pair of cold hands grab my wrist, and I freeze. I try to fight the memories that threaten to consume me until I'm a sobbing mess on the floor. "Let go," I whisper.

"Leave his things."

"Let her go," Someone growls. A familiar voice. "Let her go, you grimy weirdo!" The hands immediately remove themselves from my wrists. When my vision starts to clear up again, I notice Jasmine in front of me. I run out of the classroom without thanking Jasmine.

Fuck. I try to calm my racing down, but I know I can't do that when I'm in school. I rush out of the building and straight towards his car. When I see Angel, almost all my anxiety melts away, and it's replaced with concern. His head is resting against my car window, and he's sweating. Like... sweating.

I get into the car and turn towards him. "Angel?"

"Hm?" His eyes are closed, and his voice is weak.

"Take your jacket off. It'll be less hot."

His eyes open and he turns to look at me. "I like the jacket on, Madison."

"Are you cold?"

"No. I like it on."

"You didn't mind having it off when you gave me your jacket for the first time. I won't judge you, I promise. You need to take off, or you're gonna feel worse." My mom's a doctor; I know a lot of things about how to take care of people when they're sick.

He gives in to my request and starts slowly taking off his jacket. He's wearing a shirt underneath. He lays the jacket over himself as a blanket, but not before I catch a glimpse of his body. He's lost so much weight. Not a healthy amount. A concerning amount. But I know better than to comment on someone's weight.

His body is just so different from the last time I saw it. As if he hasn't been eating anything. Or maybe he's being forced to lose weight? I don't know what models go through.