Breathe - VII

In most relationships, the end comes when one falls out of love. But what if you are forced apart, a partner moves away, or your parents split you up because they think you are unsuited or, worse, had to die over and over again and not remember your lover every lifetime you see each other again. That passionate unripe love can stay with a person for a long time, coloring the way they see future partners.

Most of us harbor a gauzy memory of an early love, one we couldn't get our mind off, someone we fell hard for then left behind.

Genuine love is profound – it does not come and go every now and then; it is something that is likely to last over time. This does not mean that love cannot fade away, but even when it does, it leaves some scars, or rather concealed feelings that can flourish if and when the environment is conducive.

The wish to be back with a lover is not activated merely because of your current situation is desperate, but also by the memory of passionate love. Sometimes, loneliness makes the loudest noise; at other times, profound love provides louder and deeper music. It is quite natural to yearn for a past lover, particularly if that relationship was reciprocal and fulfilling.

Romantic reunion has its own unique charm. Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.

And right now, the storm outside was starting to calm down as the night grew dark. It's after midnight, and most of the townspeople think that the storm has passed. But for Perrie, that isn't the case. Lucifer and his minions are still after Jade. Perrie's not a warrior angel unlike Michael and Gabriel, but she's willing to risk her life for Jade.

Perrie was standing by her window, looking outside, anticipating for something to happen, at the same time, hoping nothing would ever happen.

Jade is asleep. And because Perrie's an angel once more, there's no need for her to sleep, she isn't even tired. Not physically nor emotionally. She's just watching over Jade as she sleeps. It reminds her so much of their first lifetime together, only today was different.

She sighs and suddenly felt someone else's presence outside of her room.

"Jesy," she whispers to herself while she stares at the closed door. Perrie glances at Jade before she gets out of the room.

As soon as she's in the living room, she saw Jesy sitting on the sofa, her head turned to Perrie's direction as well. Jesy gave her the most genuine and sweetest smile one could see from a friend who's happy for you.

"Welcome back, Perriemiel."

Perrie chuckled as she sat on the sofa opposite of Jesy, "You know, being human for hundreds of years had me realizing that hearing my real name isn't nice for my ears anymore."

Jesy laughs at this, "You never liked your real name. But it's nice to have you back, Pez." Perrie smiled.

"Where were you? What happened tonight was intense."

"I know. Jade got her memory back, you found your way back, the curse is finally broken, and you met The Oracle."

"How did you know all of that? I was trying to sense you, but you weren't anywhere near me. And I needed you."

"You don't need me anymore, Pez."

Perrie furrowed her brows in a frown, "What does that mean?" Jesy got up and stood by the window to look outside, Perrie's gaze followed her.

"I wasn't just assigned to be Jade's guardian angel, I was also in charge of looking after you," Jesy admitted. She turned around and saw Perrie giving her eager attention. "At first, I didn't understand why. But you know us angels, we follow and trust our creator without judgement and question. Now, it all makes sense."