Only You - VI

Jade took a shower to freshen up while she was waiting for Taylor, Jesy, and Leigh-Anne to arrive. Whatever was Taylor's plan to contact Perrie from the spirit world, they need to do it in the lab where Perrie's body was.

Jade's in her room, she's thrilled that Taylor was going to help her reach Perrie, but at the same time, she doesn't want to feel disappointed if she ever won't get to see or talk to the blonde. But as long as there's this small spark of hope in her heart, she knows it's not impossible no matter how bizarre and crazy it may sound.

She's sitting on the vanity, looking at the mirror while she's combing her hair. It has been a while since she's had a chance to take a good look at herself in the mirror. Her eyes weren't as bright as they once were, her smile wasn't as radiant as before, she just wasn't the same Jade as before.

As Jade was deep in thought, brushing her hair, the comb got stuck in her hair, causing her to drop it. It happens, there's always that one time where she's such a klutz she wonders how she'd managed to capture Perrie's attention in the first place.

Absent-mindedly, she picks up the comb from the floor. But what she wasn't prepared to see was Perrie's reflection in the mirror. Perrie was standing behind her with a blank expression on her face.

Jade froze for a moment, wondering if it was her brain playing tricks on her again, or maybe her eyes were getting too tired that she's starting to see things. Her heart stopped beating for a second, if that was ever possible. When she stood up and spun around, Perrie wasn't there.

She swears she could hear Perrie's heartbeat in the room. Her heart sank after she looked back at the mirror again only to find Perrie's reflection wasn't there anymore.

Jade takes a deep breath a couple of times as she closes her eyes in an attempt to calm herself. Then she opened her eyes and–

"Hey, babe!"

Jade gasps longer than intended, it's as if she forgot to breathe. Perrie's right beside her, and she just whispered into Jade's ear.

She's frozen in place, trying to get a look at Perrie without moving her head. She's afraid that if she made any sudden movements, Perrie might disappear again, and she doesn't want that to happen. Jade's lips were shaking, her hands were clammy, and it wasn't helping either that her heart was beating at an abnormal rate.

"Jade...baby, look at me. I'm not trying to scare you," Perrie cooed..

"B-But...I–"

"Oh, come on, Jeeeeeed! I finally found a way to show myself to you and you're just gonna snob me? Do you want me to take off my clothes just so you'd look at me?"

That ought to be enough for Jade to finally turn her head at Perrie. "No! OH MY GOD!!!" Jade's hand flew to her mouth when she finally saw Perrie. The blonde didn't appear transparent like what most ghost movies depict. She looks very much real but with a hint of golden light that seemed to surround her. "Perrie..."

After all the years of trying and failing, all the sacrifices Jade has made, all her sleepless nights and mundane days spent alone, this moment is exactly what she needed. She couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by Perrie's presence alone when she started to sob. She slowly lifts her hand to reach Perrie but the blonde shakes her head and gives her a small smile.

"I'm sorry, babe...I wish I could hold you, hug you, and kiss you, too. But I...can't," Perrie sighs. "Not in this state at least."

"I miss you..." Jade says, her voice breaking a little as tears ceased to fall from her eyes.

"I know. But...uhm, can you get yourself together and listen to me, please?"

Jade abruptly wiped the tears from her cheek and sat up straight. "No, you listen to me! I love you, okay? But I still hate you for playing the hero and for leaving me just so you could save the world!"