Under Cover - VI

"Jade?" Perrie looked around her, and in a split second, everything changed. She kept on calling Jade's name until she realized she's in a different place. She's in the middle of a deserted highway. No car was in sight. The tree where Jade was slumped against wasn't there anymore.

She kept on going in circles trying to figure out what the heck just happened and where the hell she was. The air was chilly, that was her clue that she wasn't in LA anymore, mostly because LA doesn't have that kind of weather.

She hugged herself and rubbed her hands up and down her arms in an attempt to warm herself up. She was about to go on the side of the road when she saw bright headlights of a car coming her way.

Perrie squints her eyes when the driver drifts the car sideways, perfectly making a doughnut shape and stopping in front of her. The passenger door opened.

"Jesy?!"

"Get in!"

Even if Perrie was confused, she got inside the car. And she could swear her soul felt like it was being left on the highway at the speed that Jesy was driving.

"You're early," Jesy comments. "And that's not supposed to be the spot where I'll pick you up. That's five meters away from your spot. I almost ran you over!"

Perrie was still confused at what Jesy was saying. "What are you talking about, Chief? And...I didn't know you could drift?"

"Huh? What's–" Jesy was cut off when someone spoke from her ear piece.

"Jesy! Where are you? You're two minutes late!"

"W-Wait...Perrie?" Jesy answers and presses the earpiece so she can hear better.

"Uh...yeah? Did you–"

The other Perrie on the line continued ranting when Jesy hit the brakes hard. If it wasn't for the seatbelt, the Perrie beside her would've almost kissed the windshield of the car! She then looks at the blonde who was sitting on the passenger seat as she listens to the other Perrie on the comms line.

"What the fuck! Who the hell are you?" she asks the blonde. "W-Why do you look like my best friend Perrie?"

Perrie was stunned. She was right all along, she felt in her gut the first time she met this woman that she wasn't Jesy, The Chief.

"I–I wanted to ask you the same thing. I don't know where I am," Perrie explains. "I'm Perrie Edwards, Sergeant Perrie Edwards, FBI." She then showed her badge, which seemed to have calmed Jesy down, but she was still stunned, nevertheless. "I'm from LA. Something weird happened to me back there and uhm...I thought you were my friend, Jesy, The Deputy Chief of the FBI."

"Jesy? What's going on?" Perrie on Jesy's intercom spoke again. "Who are you talking to? Will you come and get me, please? I need to pee."

Jesy remembers that Perrie, her best friend, was still on the other line. "Uhm...something came up, Pez. Can you call your wife to pick you up? I'll explain later." She then switches off her comms and removes it from her ear.

"Are you sure you're not...an impostor?" Jesy asked with a raised brow. "Is that your real face?" She reached out her hand to touch Perrie's face but she was a bit hesitant to do it, so Perrie grabbed her hand so Jesy could touch her face.

"I'm not. Why would I pretend to be somebody else?"

Jesy shrugged, "I don't know, but you really look like my best friend...except that–" she glances down at Perrie's abdomen. "...she's pregnant and you're not."