Before Dawn - XIV

A few weeks passed and Perrie's company finally went the legal route and filed for bankruptcy. Her father took over and decided that it was essential and what's best for Edwards Pharma.

Even his father couldn't do anything to save it since all of its investors had pulled out way before they officially closed. And the top hospitals decided to relocate the funding of their supplies and medicine to other vendors.

All the loans were past due, Perrie wasn't able to take care of it. Her dad set everything, he's the one who decided to shut down the entire operation including Perrie's lab.

Perrie hadn't finished her research and experiments for her mom's cure, until finally the very thing she was afraid of happening happened.

Debbie died.

If that wasn't enough, Caitlyn was then diagnosed with the same disease that their mom succumbed to. Turns out, the disease is hereditary.

Perrie, Jonnie, and Caitlyn were all tested. It's unfortunate that only Caitlyn tested positive. Although she hasn't shown any symptoms yet, it may occur years later causing Perrie to fall into a depressive state.

Jade was also devastated after hearing Debbie's passing, and now Caitlyn's fight against the same disease. She never left Perrie even if they weren't okay. Perrie never treated her the same way again after the truth was laid out in the open. And Jade tried everything for Perrie to forgive her, to save what's left of their relationship.

However, with all the shattering and terrible events that happened in their lives, there weren't any spaces left for forgiveness in Perrie's heart. She just completely let go and gave up on their relationship.

Jade is the only one left fighting for the two of them. She tried to be as understanding as she can possibly be because she knows she screwed up big time and hurt Perrie. She gave the blonde time and space, hoping that one day, Perrie will find it in her heart to forgive her.

What Jade didn't expect to see one day was for Perrie to take all of her things out of their Vegas house. Jade came home and found Perrie impatiently waiting for her bodyguards to finish loading up her stuff in the car.

The blonde was standing outside their garage, furiously tapping on her stilettos on the pavement.

"You're leaving?" Jade asks.

Perrie pulls out a folder from her flap bag and hands it to Jade. "Didn't expect you to be home this early. I was about to leave this on the dining table."

When Jade opened the folder, she found it hard to believe the words that were staring back at her, stinging her heart to the very core.

What hurts Jade the most is the bold signature of Perrie right at the bottom of the page. She looks up at the blonde with tears threatening to spill at a moment's notice. Perrie, on the other hand, averted her gaze to the front lawn while she let Jade read the papers.