Before Dawn - XIII

The first three years of their marriage is nothing but pure bliss and happiness for both Perrie and Jade. Sure, there may be times that they don't get along, where they argue over the littlest things, but it normally doesn't last long and they kiss and make up. Those things are just normal as a married couple.

Jade continued being Scarlet Venom even if she hasn't told Perrie the truth. While Perrie became more successful in discovering different medicines and cures for rare illnesses.

During the day, both of them just do their own separate things, but when night time comes, they are simply Jade and Perrie, who are in love with each other.

There are a few times when Jade tries to tell Perrie about her being Scarlet Venom, however, each time she builds up the courage to tell her wife, a new kind of danger would arise.

Leigh gets death threats all the time, Jade has no choice but to double her guard. This is just one of the many reasons why she doesn't want to risk Perrie's safety.

Being the youngest billionaire is enough for danger to lurk around Perrie, what more if the public knew she's the wife of Scarlet Venom.

The more people Scarlet Venom helps, the more enemies she makes.

Until one day...

Perrie's busy examining a specimen in her lab when someone comes in, bringing another specimen she's been waiting for. The person who brought it didn't say anything and just placed the sample near the microscope.

Perrie briefly glances at the specimen. "Thank–" She spun around and was surprised to see a person she least expected to see. "Dad?"

She sat straight on her wooden stool and left whatever she was doing while her dad walked around her lab, observing.

"It's impressive how you've built this place." He compliments.

Perrie's face turned serious. Since she started her lab, her dad never visited her there. She also never heard any kind of compliment from him even if she has garnered success and praise here and there from the medicines that her lab has produced.

"Can I help you? Do you need something?" She asks right off the bat.

Alexander turned around and saw the grave look on his daughter's face, an apparent dislike of him being in her lab. He walks towards Perrie and takes out a manila envelope.

"How well do you know your..." He clears his throat. "...wife?"

Even after three years, Alexander still has a hard time saying the word 'wife', especially when he's referring to Perrie's spouse.

Perrie raised a delicate brow. "Since when are you suddenly interested in her? Or care about us, for that matter?"

Alexander heaves a deep sigh. He knows his relationship with Perrie was never smooth; however, she is still his daughter and he cares for her – just in a very odd way.

He points at the envelope on the table. "Someone sent me those. I don't know from whom and why it was addressed to me and not to you."

Perrie looks at her dad, then at the envelope. Suddenly, she felt anxious and her heart picked up a beat as she reached for the envelope.

When she opened it, the contents were polaroid pictures and a smartphone. She looks at the photos one-by-one.

First, she picked up a colored photo, it was a candid shot in front of a collapsing building. She stares at it for a while, and she's able to recognize one of them. It was Jade.