Only You - V

And that's when it hits Jade. She knew from the look on Taylor's face, there was something else – something more to the story she's telling her, she just couldn't figure it out.

"You might hate me for doing this but...I also tried to stop Perrie from meeting you," Taylor admitted, giving the brunette an apologetic smile. "But no matter what I do, you two are like – your paths are destined to cross, your fates intertwined – like you two are bound to fall in love with each other."

"Why are you telling me all this? Do you want me to go back to the time Perrie and I met and prevent it from happening?"

Taylor shakes her head vigorously, "Even you can't stop that from happening."

"Why not? I could just stay inside the shop and let Liam get on with fixing her car, and just let her be her merry way."

"You don't understand, Jade. The first time you met Perrie was in the grocery store – Perrie stopped by to buy some fresh vegetables when she bumped into you and all the vegetables she was holding fell on the floor, and you picked them up one-by-one. So, I traveled to the time before she even got the chance to travel at that time period. I gave her all the food and vegetables left in my fridge, so she wouldn't have to go to the grocery store," Taylor explains.

Jade sat wordlessly as she listened to Taylor.

"But then, she passed by this beautiful meadow of daffodils, and for some reason, she was so drawn to it. So she stopped to marvel at them. And there you were, conveniently driving a few meters away behind her. You didn't see her car because you were busy talking to someone on the phone, and it was too late for you to hit the brakes. So, your car slightly crashed into hers."

Jade was perplexed at all the information that Taylor was telling her. She can't recall any of them.

"Again, I went back to that same time before she traveled to your time, and I told her specifically not to pass by that place or to never stop no matter what flower or trees she saw on her way. She did what I told her because that's what she is – she always listens to me, but then, her car broke down from traveling too far and too long. And the nearest auto repair shop she saw was your shop. And that's when I gave up..."

By the time Taylor was done, Jade was still speechless. The only thing she can remember out of all the memories that Taylor told her, was the last one. She wasn't aware that there were several instances previously that she and Perrie met.

"I guess, we don't interfere with what's meant to happen, do we?" Taylor asked her as she slumped onto the sofa.

"Like Perrie's death – it's meant to happen and we shouldn't interfere with it." Jade added as she suppressed the twisting pain in her heart as she said it.

Taylor whipped her head at Jade, "You sound like you're already giving up." Jade didn't answer. "I have a feeling that there's more to it. I just – couldn't quite put a finger on it – but there's something...I can feel it. I know what happened is like some kind of a loop – a temporal anomaly that started when time travel happened and when the second timeline was created. It's there in that timeline, I just can't–" Taylor takes a deep breath. "And the sad part is, the only one who's aware of what's happening is me, because I'm the one who started it. Like I'm the only one who's awake. But something happened that–"

"Tay...you're not making any sense."

Taylor sat up straight and snapped her head in Jade's direction. "Did you just call me...Tay?"

"Uh...yeah? Is...there...a problem?"

Taylor gasps, "You know my name?"

"Taylor...Swift?" Jade reluctantly answers.