A Twist of Fate - IV

Weeks passed, and everything between Jade and Perrie turned out well.

Perrie often visits Jade at The Red Door to watch her perform every weekend. Sometimes, Alex accompanies her when he's not swamped with work. Other times, she's with Leigh-Anne. It wasn't difficult for the three of them to become fast friends. They bonded most of the time at Jade's bar.

They even have a girls' night out every Friday or Saturday, depending on when all of them are free since both Perrie and Leigh are moms.

It was a good thing that Debbie and Jonnie came home. This way, Emily won't be left alone at home. It's also fortunate that Andre's mom lives together with him and Leigh. She could watch the twins while the couple were busy or needed to head out for a date night.

Christmas finally came, and Jade invited Leigh and Perrie to her Gran's farm in Newcastle to celebrate her birthday, even if it was the day before Boxing Day.

It was a grand celebration, especially when Jade and Perrie saw their moms happy to be reunited with each other again after a long time.

On the 26th, Jade hosted another celebration in her apartment in South Shields. She invited some of her friends, her co-teachers, her bandmates, and some of her employees from the bar.

Perrie was there, too. Alex was supposed to come with her; however, since it's a holiday, there were a lot of accidents happening on site because of people who were totally wasted from celebrating and drinking too much.

He told Perrie that he had to patrol around town to prevent further accidents from happening. On the other hand, Leigh couldn't make it because she and her family were out of town.

As expected, Jade's apartment is packed with people. She made a good investment when she decided to buy a large apartment with a spacious garden and living space.

Norma and Karl sometimes stay with her for a night or week. Apart from that, she and her bandmates often rehearse there instead of renting a fancy studio. Jade thought it was practical to transform one of the bedrooms into a studio anyway.

Jade was preoccupied bidding farewell to some of her guests who were heading home, yet her eyes couldn't help but look for a certain blonde.

She found her in her living room, where there were a few guests left, chit-chatting with other guests. While some of them were already heading out and calling it a night.

Jade approached Perrie, who was holding a glass of wine.

"You kept it..." Perrie says. Jade looks at the same object that Perrie is staring at. "Emily...our Science project...our baby." She grins at Jade.

Jade completely forgot to move the project on display to a different location. And if she was being honest, it was one of the things that she took great care of.

"Yeah...it's too precious to throw away or keep in a box."

Perrie chuckles. "I remember...we fought about what color to put in there. You wanted red, while I wanted purple. That was our first fight as a couple. Do you remember that?" She looks at Jade before returning her attention to the project.

"Alright, that's enough red wine for you, Perrie," Jade concluded. "Let me take your glass."

"Oh, surrre..." Perrie slurred and downed her drink before giving her glass to Jade.

They were interrupted when the last group of Jade's guests got up and bid their farewell and thanks to the brunette. Perrie attended to them as if it was her party until one woman approached Jade and wrapped her arms around the brunette's neck.