The Aftermath - IX

Perrie was sleeping soundly when Jade gently removed her arms from her torso so she could get up. She slips on the silk robe and heads toward the floor-to-ceiling window. The sun hasn't risen yet as it's still dark out. It's most likely three o'clock in the morning.

She was holding the weapon that Perrie gave her. As she was running her hands on the cold blade, she raised her head to the inky sky, then she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind.

"It's too soon to get up from my bed." Perrie purrs, kissing the brunette's temple. Jade turned her head so she could properly kiss the blonde on her lips.

Perrie was startled when her hands came across the weapon that Jade was holding, she immediately went around so she was now facing the brunette. "Why are you holding this?"

Jade glances at the weapon and looks up at Perrie. She smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. "There's something you need to know..."

Perrie was puzzled by this but her confusion was soon answered when Jade raised her arm and let the sleeve of the robe fall to reveal the burn mark on her wrist. She gasps. Lightly touching the burn mark, her forehead creased, perplexed now more than ever. She knows that Jade was injured when she fought the demon hybrid, but she thought it was just minor.

"That should be healed by now. Why–"

She was cut off from what she was about to say when Jade held her hand. "I can feel them, Perrie. They're coming."

"They?"

"The Angel of Destruction and his army of demons, warlocks, and hybrids from the Abyss." Perrie's eyes widened at the information. "All this time, I thought the enemy was the Dark Tower, but I was wrong. It was all just a cover."

Puzzled, Perrie asks, "A cover?"

"The Dark Tower serves as their shield of some sort – to hide their true power. All this time, they have been hiding behind it, planning and building an army."

"For what?" Perrie asks. "And I'm sorry if I may sound ignorant but who's this Angel of Destruction? And what's the Abyss?"

"The Angel of Destruction was my Father's brother. Like him, he's also a fallen angel. But he's locked up in the Abyss – a world filled with demons and their evil influences. He became so powerful that he's able to open and escape from the Abyss causing the world to be exposed from the realm of darkness. But unlike my Father, he's ruthless. He uses his power to destroy realms and worlds alike. He annihilates all creatures, that's why he's called The Destroyer."

Jade paused, letting all of it sink in Perrie's mind.

"He's coming with his army to destroy this world and turn it into nothing but fire and sulfur. This world will literally become hell but worse, much, much worse."

"How do we kill him? I mean...do we need to create more bombs? Do you need me to create weapons like this dagger? But we only have one stone–"

"Perrie..." The blonde stopped rambling as soon as Jade gently touched her arm and stared into her blue orbs. "This burn mark on my wrist is a linking spell made from dark magic. The hybrid that attacked you linked me to the Angel of Destruction."

Perrie blinks a couple of times, trying to make sense of it all. "W-What does that mean?"

"This mark is like a bond between me and him – whatever happens to me or him, happens to the both of us."

Perrie's heart raced, there was this uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. There's no way they can hurt this Angel of Destruction without inflicting any injury on Jade. And if he gets killed, Jade will die, too! Suddenly, Perrie felt dizzy from all this. Luckily, Jade was quick to catch her.