A Twist of Fate - I

(Let's stop a moment and gawk at my wife's masterpiece

(Let's stop a moment and gawk at my wife's masterpiece. G)

⚠️ Hang on tight for this one... ⚠️

High school.

It's fun. It's thrilling. It's freeing, in a way, to be able to move forward from your silly primary school troubles. High school allows us to show our true selves without being constantly guarded by our parents because why the heck not? We're old enough to bend some rules but not old enough to break all of them.

We have this predetermined scenario in our heads about what life in high school would be like. What type of clubs will we be in. What type of circle of friends we'll have. What personality comes out of all of us.

And then, as soon as you enter the halls, you find out that the high school you once dreamed of is nothing like Highschool Musical or Riverdale. It's boring, it's messy, it's full of homework and projects. It's like waking up every day and dragging yourself into an earth-like version of hell.

High school was the most memorable part of my life. It wasn't easy, especially with me being blonde–having blue eyes, and porcelain-like skin, I was bound to be stereotyped as the 'dumb blonde'.

I was scared shitless that the kids at my school wouldn't like me. That I'll just be another loser in the crowd or another freak perhaps who gets bullied all the time. You know, the kind where you see in the movies. Ugh! Just thinking about my head being dipped into the toilet bowl makes me cringe.

It also made me worried about lots of things. Things like I may not be able to pass the exams or be invited to the most incredible party and hang out with the best people. Yeah... Back then, I worried a lot. I'm a worrier – get it?

Anyway...Just when I was expecting the worst, things turned out the way I never thought they would. I actually became one of the most popular students on campus, especially when I won the High School Pageant in year 10. Apparently, being Miss South Shields Academy was a big deal for everyone in school.

Students started to crowd around me to hang out and be part of my social circle. Teachers would always smile at me whenever they saw me around campus. Boys and a couple of girls flirted and wanted to date me. I mean, I didn't mind. It's not a crime to be liked by everyone. But it gets exhausting.

And since then, high school has become interesting and exciting for me. I don't have to worry about my academics because someone from my group was more than willing to do all my homework and projects for me.