Before Dawn - XI

Ninth Night...

"Where are you?" Jade asks Taylor over the phone.

"New York."

"I need you to come here."

"Send me your location."

Jade presses a button on her bracelet to send the coordinates to Taylor. She was about to tell her that she had sent the location details when a whirlpool of energy appeared next to her and out came Taylor.

"What's up?" Taylor asks, popping her red lips at the end.

"That was fast."

Taylor takes a peek at the window of Jade's hotel room. "Oh, we're in Japan! What are we doing here?"

"Perrie wants to meet you." Jade says.

"Why?"

Jade sighs. "Just...meet her, okay? Tonight. I'll text you where."

"Okay." Taylor then sits on the couch near the window and starts flipping on the magazine.

"She knows..." Jade says, making Taylor stop what she was doing and look up at Jade. "She knows about my powers. Not all of them though."

"You told her?"

"No. Last night...last night when I was with her, something happened. I had to stop time and she didn't get affected by it."

Taylor's mouth hung open. "Really?" Jade nods. "Hm...So that's why you want me to meet her. You want me to sense if she's human or not?"

Jade takes a seat next to her friend. "Well...that, too. But she really wants to meet you."

"Just me? What about Leigh-Anne?"

"They know each other already, they met in the Casino."

"Oh, okay..." Taylor looks at the view out the window when someone knocks on the door.

Jade stood up to open it and a hotel staff handed her a small envelope. She was wondering why the letter didn't have a paper bag along with it. She's become accustomed to wearing whatever outfit Perrie has planned for their date that night.

She opened the envelope and read Perrie's note.

Jade smiles, which she always does after reading the blonde's note

Jade smiles, which she always does after reading the blonde's note. But this time, she forgot that Taylor was around and witnessed how wide and sweet her smile was after reading the contents of the letter.

Taylor briefly glances at her friend before returning her attention back to the serene view outside.

That night, Perrie took Jade to the Ashikaga Flower Park Illumination, best known for the Great Wisteria Festival featuring the gorgeous wisteria which blooms in spring. Tonight, the park featured over 5 million colourful LED lights at the vast park of 100,000 square meters with concepts of lights and flowers.