A Twist of Fate - II

Being Jade Thirlwall's girlfriend wasn't easy. Especially when I hadn't told anyone in school that I fancy girls, too. Actually, when I think about it, I like girls more than boys. I mean, do I have to tell them? Do I always have to ask for validation from other people? I don't think so.

Everyone was pretty surprised when the news came out that Zayn and I had broken up and that I chose to be with Jade.

As a teenager, in our heads, what other people say about you matters, which is kind of stupid. But hey, it's the part of our lives where we start to get self-conscious. It's the part where we bloom from being kids to being teens—barely adults.

I heard a ton of bad things about me. It didn't help that Zayn also tried to ruin me. He called me names like lesbo, dyke, homo, and other nasty things that boy could think of. I wanted to counter a witty remark at him like, 'Well then, hide your sisters or I might go down on them, too! But Jade said it would only fuel the fire in the boy.

Jade was the dame that she wanted to crush his face, but I stopped her. I don't want her reputation ruined along with mine, too. Plus, that would be worse than stooping down to Zayn's level.

If Jade hadn't been there for me, I would've probably lost my sanity with everything that happened. She convinced me to fight no matter what other people were saying. And so I did. I became the voice of the LGBTQ+ in campus.

As time passed, students belonging to the rainbow family started to come out. I've inspired them. We built a strong community inside the campus. I even mandated a new school law protecting our community and sent it to the Principal for approval and implementation. With Norma's help, of course, that law was approved.

Those who were proven to bully, discriminate, and make fun of any of the members of the rainbow community would face great punishment from the head of our school. And that was Zayn's worst nightmare. He got expelled for breaking all the rules. And rightly so.

It was a happy ending!

Well...not quite.

Graduation came, and that's when things started to spiral out of control.

Jade and I were going to different Universities once we graduated, but that was fine with us. We've already talked about it. Her chosen University was just an hour away from mine, so we could still see each other anytime we wanted to. We can still have sleepovers and be together on weekends and holidays.

All of that sounded promising. But then again, things don't always go as planned.

Mom and Dad got divorced.

Since my mom was just a housewife, she had to find a job to support us. Luckily, she found one. The only downside is that it's overseas.

My Aunt, mom's sister, was in the United States. She got my mom a job there, and it was actually a great opportunity because the company would cover the educational expenses of her children. Back then, I didn't want to go with Mom and Jonnie. I wanted to be with Jade, but I couldn't do anything.

We had to part ways again, and I cried overnight.

I told Jade the following morning, and she seemed to handle it better than I do. Or at least she's putting up a brave front for me. I didn't know Jade was devastated. She just didn't have the heart to tell me. She couldn't handle saying goodbye to me in person, so she just left me a letter.