Leap - V

The time device looks like a fairly easy contraption, but in reality – it's not. It doesn't automatically take them to the place and specific time they want to be. It isn't that simple.

Every place and year on earth, there's a certain point where they'll end up from another dimension, which means the time and place where they'll end up isn't calculated. It always depends on the elements; like the position of the sun, moon, and how the planets orbit around the sun, the pull of gravity, and so much more complex things that would make modern-day scientists' heads hurt.

This time, Perrie pressed the button on the time device and they were successfully transported back to their earth but not at the same place where Jesy's hideout was. Perrie and Jade landed in a country named Georgia while Jesy's secret hideout is in Armenia.

If they had to travel by train, it would take them at least ten hours before they reach Armenia, and it'll take them too long to reach Jesy and Leigh-Anne. So, their best option right now is by car, which would take four hours of travel time for a normal person. But since Perrie is the one driving, it will only take them two hours tops.

"Where are we going to get a car?" Jade asks. "Are we gonna rent or something?" When Perrie didn't answer, Jade whipped her head in her direction only to find that the blonde seemed to be scanning their surroundings.

They were on the side of the cobblestoned road, right at the heart of Georgia's capital city, Tbilisi, surrounded by diverse architecture, ornate art nouveau buildings, and Soviet Modernist structures. It's around two o'clock in the afternoon, but it wasn't that hot, the air was cold even if the sun was high up in the sky.

Then suddenly, Perrie zeroes in on a Maserati showroom and spots a brand new Nero Enigma MC20. Jade follows where the blonde was looking at, and that's when Jade gets what's in Perrie's mind.

Jade nods as she eyes the sports car across the street. "I see...you're planning something."

"Yeah, but not right now. It's still early." Perrie grabs Jade's arm so they are hidden behind a narrow alley-way but can still see the main road.

"We'll get that car tonight, then."

Perrie slowly turned her head to Jade. "We? No. Absolutely not. I'll do it. You'll wait for me three blocks from here and I'll come get you."

"No, I'll come with you. You need someone who's an expert in cars," Jade argued. "What if those cars are just for display? What if there's no engine or something? You can't run a car without an engine! And don't tell me you're an A.I. and anything is possible to you." Perrie just stares at Jade the entire time the brunette was ranting, a smirk formed on her lips. However, Jade noticed this. "What!?" Jade stared back at her, raising a delicate eyebrow.

Perrie wanted to kiss Jade right then and there, but she stopped herself. Instead, she shifts her gaze elsewhere and looks at the supercar that's displayed in a rotating platform in the showroom.

"Don't worry, the car has complete parts," Perrie began. "It has a Maserati-developed 90-degree twin-turbo 3.0 liter V-6 engine producing 621 horsepower at 7,500 rpm and 538-lb-ft of torque. It has a whopping 12 spark plugs, an innovative 12 combustion chambers, dry-sump lubrication, and double overhead camshafts with variable valve timing. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a dual-clutch, eight-speed transmission. The MC20 supercar can hit 60 mph from a standstill in 2.9 seconds, and 124 mph arrives in just 8.8 seconds. Plus, the top speed is more than 202 miles per hour."

Jade scoffs, crossing her arms across her chest, "So cocky, you're using your A.I. scanner, aren't you?" Perrie looked at her and grinned. "I'd normally walk away because you're being such a smartass, but I wouldn't."