Chapter 4 - Escape

Somehow this chapter was completely erased and I had to write it over again (this being three months later). I still had the base written down so it won't be too much different, but somethings may not fully add up since I don't remember what the final version of this chapter looked like.

(Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added affect)

Keegan's POV

Before I knew it two hours had already passed. I spent so much time wrapped up in reading that historical fiction novel. 

I find that reading is a good distraction from the rest of the world. Its an escape that I greatly need. I could feel the loneliness starting to kick in though. That guy mentioned dinner was around six, and I'm quiet hungry.

I decided to check if Theo was still in the backyard. If I'm lucky we could head to dinner together, that is if he hasn't already gone. I hopped up from my bed and tugged on my shoes before heading for the door. The moment I swung it open the enticing ocean smell and evening breeze came rushing through the house. The fresh air placed a smile on my face. That smell of the cool evening always made me feel nostalgic for some reason. Directly out the back there was a small deck with stairs leading down to a grassy floor. If I had known out here was so peaceful I would have chosen this as my reading area. I walked slowly through the backyard, taking in the scenery. Everything out here was truly breathtaking. After gazing around for awhile I caught glance at a beautiful hill, and someone on it, that someone being Theo. He was laying there, with his earbuds in. I stopped to stare for a moment, folding my arms, trying to shield myself from the on coming breeze. He noticed my presence, and patted the ground next to him. I looked around for a moment searching for any other soul around, he couldn't mean me could he? He patted again, looking straight at me. I could feel my heart ready to burst. Did he really mean for me to come over? I slowly and hesitantly made my way to his side. I pointed to myself and looked around once again making sure he meant me. He replied and confirmed it with a smile. So I laid beside him on the grassy hill.

"You're a quiet one aren't you." Theo chuckled to himself.

"Sorry, I'm just not used to conversing with people." I replied moments later. I felt bad about it, but It wasn't really my fault to be honest.

"No its alright. I like quiet." He laughed a little while readjusting himself on the hill. Hearing that made me feel at ease. I didn't have to force myself to keep up a conversation if I didn't want to, or start one either. Its been forever since I've been relaxed around someone like this. He seems like a jock, but he's still pretty nice. 

(Play the song)  

I merged myself with the grass and laid still for awhile. I felt something being placed up against my ear so I jerked my head in Theo's direction. He had placed one of his earbuds in my ear and had the other in his. He let out a breathy laugh at my reaction then returned his eyes to the sky. I was really surprised at how friendly he was being. When I saw how he acted at school I assumed he was like that all the time; grumpy, bossy, and annoyed.

I just decided to bask in the moment. The music playing from Theo's phone was actually very good. I've never really listened to this type of music much, but now that I've heard this I can say I like it. I turned my eyes to the sky and watched as the purple, pink and yellow clouds drifted across the horizon. I felt myself getting sleepy and my eyelids growing heavy. Even after that long nap I took earlier. I couldn't stay awake, I gave in and dozed off, forgetting about dinner.