Chapter 52 - From A To Zoo

Sorry for the long wait guys. I've been trying to catch up on my sleep and haven't had much extra time to write. I was hoping to make this a double chapter due to my absence but it ended up just being a longer chapter. I wanted to include more in it but didn't want to keep you guys waiting too long. I hope that's okay! Also forgive me for any spelling errors I might have made.

Theo's POV

The next morning I found myself being woken up by sounds coming from nearby. Adjusting my eyes I spotted Keegan sitting in the armchair next to the couch, watching me like I was the most fascinating thing in the world as he waited patiently...?

"You really are excited aren't you?" I asked him with a chuckle. He nodded continuously in response. I couldn't be upset with him for waking me up, he looked like the most huggable thing in the world. His tinted rosy cheeks, his bright stare, he sat legs crossed in the chair.

"Since we're both awake I suppose we can head out early?" I proposed, and from the innocent smile that grew on his face I'm sure that's exactly what he was hoping for. "I have to get ready first though, I'm not going out in just my sweatpants." I told him as I lifted myself from the couch. 

After using the bathroom I got dressed and quickly brushed my hair. Today was the day... I'm going to do it. Mom was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She came out and offered to make us something for our day out but I figured we'd just eat something while we we're there.

"That's alright, we'll probably just pick up something while we're out." I told her. She looked a little disappointed, but to be honest this was be more convenient for everyone. Though knowing her she probably just wants to cook us something.

"Well if you're sure then..." She said raising her brows.

"I'm sure." I said, giving her a smile.

"Alright, well I guess I'll be in the kitchen finishing up breakfast for the other two then." She said, walking off.

"You ready?" I asked, snapping his attention away from my mom.

"Yeah!" He beamed.

"Let's head out then." I said, grabbing my keys. We said our byes to my mom and dad before walking out the door. Charlie was nowhere to be seen so I assumed he was still asleep. That's probably for the best though. I can just imagine him trying to weasel his way onto our dat-... day out. Just as I got to the car I noticed Keegan in awe as he made his way over in a daze. He seemed to be taking in the morning air. I hadn't even noticed it until I saw him inhaling.

"The air is much nicer here than back home." He pointed out.

"Like it?" I asked with a small laugh.

"Love it." He responded back with a smile.

After settling into the car I started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. The rising sun casted soft shadows over most of the neighborhood as it rose from behind the mountains.