Chapter 35 - Return To Paradise

Thanks for all of the wishes, I'm feeling much better now! The chapters are getting shorter again, not intentionally but I don't want to keep you guys waiting for too long, so I wanna post something.

Keegan's POV

"Okay then. Make sure to stop by again!" Sandra waved at Theo before she headed off into the back room.

"So, pick you up at seven, right?" Theo asked, looking back at me.

"Yeah." I nodded with a half smile. My expression might not have shown it but I was beyond excited.

"Alright, six-forty it is." He said, throwing up a hand and leaving the diner without another word. I don't know why but I felt a blush coming on. Sometimes loving him can feel like the best and worst thing in the world.

Around ten minutes later Sandra came out the back.

"Sorry for leaving ya out here all alone. A shipment just came in and I was a little preoccupied sorting through it." She explained using excessive hand motion.

"Its okay." I assured her in an overly cheerful tone.

"I'm assumin' you've had a job behind a register before." She said, smiling at me.

"No actually, I have some idea of how it works though. I used to watch cashiers and workers intensely as a kid whenever my parents went shopping." I explained with a slight chuckle.

"Oh, that good to know! I'll give you a quick run down of how I work things around the shop." And she did just that, explained everything there was to know. The only thing that stopped her from continuing was the sound of the door chime.

"Perfect timing, show em what'cha got tiger." She winked at me then walked off into the back room.

Oh gosh, okay you can do this Keegan, don't mess it up.

"Welcome." I greeted with a smile.

"Hello there handsome. I'm here to pick up the bread I ordered this morning." An old woman said, making her way to the counter. I blushed a little before processing her order.

"Ah, right this must be it." I lifted a basket of bread from a near by shelf. It had a label on it.

"Mrs. Darcy?" I questioned, reading the tag.

"Thats me." She confirmed.

"Here you are." I said handing her the basket.

"Thank you dear." She said gratefully, pulling out her wallet. She put on reading glasses and counted the money.

"You know, you look handsome, just like my grandson." She complimented upon returning her sight to me. I reddened, I couldn't keep myself collected.