Chapter 36 - Growing Flames

I'm happy I was able to make this chapter longer since its a day late, sorry for the wait! It took forever to edit. Thanks for all the amazing comments and feedback, its very motivating and puts a smile on my face!

Song: Richard Readey - With You (Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added affect).

Theo's POV

I grabbed Keegan's small hand and pulled him up the stairs with me. His eyes lit up as we stepped foot in my room, just like they had the first time.

"Your room really is amazing." He complimented gawking at the sight. It was much cleaner than last time he came over so I can understand his unearthed awe. I wake up every morning in this room so it doesn't really feel like anything special. That got me curious about Keegan's room, I wonder what it looks like.

"I'd love to see your room someday." I said, scouring the room for my small basketball.

"Yeah, maybe." He said unconvincingly with a slight shrug. I really wonder why he's so secretive. I really want to get to know the guy better. When it comes to certain things he completely shuts me out. I'll give him his space though, he seems like he's been through a lot already so I don't want to pressure him.

I found the little basketball on one of my dressers and tossed it to Keegan. He just barely managed to catch it, being taken by surprise. A smile propped my face and he threw it back to me. It started getting really intense after awhile with us almost knocking things over.

I didn't really have anything planned for us, I just really wanted to spend the night with Keegan. Being around him helped me forget about what happened today. I was pretty shaken by it but when I saw Keegan enter the locker room I felt myself relax, all the tension melted away.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't able to come up with anything fun for us to do." I admitted a little disappointed. I stoled a peek at him to see his expression, he looked happy? I tilted my head slightly in confusion.

"This is plenty fun." He beamed. "Anything is fine with me, as long as I'm here." He said stretching his arms and twirling around the room. He tumbled over onto my bed feeling too dizzy to stand. I quickly toppled myself on him, pinning him to the bed. His small body shook as he chuckled under me. I loved pinning him down and just laying there, its a great feeling. Its something I can do to get close to him and get away with. He doesn't really mind it either, in fact I think he likes it.

That got me thinking, tonight I'm going to ask him... We'll see where it goes from there.

A loud growling sound pulled me from my thoughts. I looked down and saw a red faced boy.

"You're hungry?" I asked, starting at his attractive face. He nodded shyly and I stood up before I lost control of myself, I was hungry too... but for him.

"I'll get us something to eat." I told him as I headed out the door.