Chapter 5 - Breakfast Breaking

This one's on the short side since I haven't been writing, like at all recently. I'm trying to flesh out the story a little more and its taking awhile. I apologize for any mistakes I might have made. Its like 2:30 AM so I'm struggling just to keep my eyes open. Anyway, Thanks for any Votes, Comments, and Shares. They make my day!

-Picture of Keegan

Theo's POV

An instructor showed up looking for us the next morning. They are assigned to check in on us at eight-am every morning, to make sure we're in our cabins, or around camp. When she saw me and Keegan sleeping together she looked a little shocked. I had just woken up but Keegan was still asleep. I gave her a little smile before she had a chance to speak.

"What's... going on here?" She asked quietly, knowing Keegan hadn't yet woken.

"He fell asleep, and I didn't want to wake him... so I just dozed off along with him." I explain, with a little chuckle.

"I was worried when I didn't see you guys around camp or in your cabin."

"Yeah... sorry about that." I say, giving an apologetic look.

"We'll be going on a tour at twelve-pm sharp. When he wakes, make sure to tell him, okay?" She said, raising her eyelids.

I nod my head a couple times. "Got it." With that she was off. Keegan woke up a couple minutes later. While adjusting himself he worked his way from my side. He sat up and looked around, realizing we were still outside.

"Oh crap. D-did I sleep out here all night?" He mumbled to himself. I laid there with an arm and hand elevating my head, waiting for him to notice me. He rubbed his eyes and looked around once more. He almost leapt three feet in the air when he caught sight of me.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't notice you. I thought that maybe you had went inside already." He apologized, still wearing his surprised look.

"I wouldn't leave you out here alone." I assure him. "We should be heading in though. One of the instructors or whatever came by and said the town tour starts at twelve."

"Are you going?" He asked, with his soft voice.

"No, I'm not here for extra credit. I came here for peace, and I know I obviously wouldn't get that if I were surrounded by a bunch of blabbering students." I answer. "How about you, are you going?" He shook his head.

"I'm here for the escape as well." He informed me. I nodded in understanding.

"Alright, I'm heading in." I announce, pointing to the cabin. I gathered my phone and earbuds then headed for the door. Keegan followed close behind.

When I got in the bedroom I made sure to brush myself off before hoping onto my bed, just in case something crawled on me during the night.