Chapter 43 - Slow Fall

Here's the next chapter! I wish I had time for something Halloween related, like a special or something but by the time I thought of the idea it was too late. I don't know how I'd go about doing it anyway. I feel like this one might have a couple spelling errors. It was a little hard editing today, but I hope I'm wrong.

I apologize if some of you feel the story is going too slow, but I can assure you that these parts are necessary to the overall plot.

Song: Edwin Raphael - Queen Of Coasts (Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added effect.)

Keegan's POV

The rest of the day continued in a similar manner, with a few costumers here and there. Before I knew it it was time to head home. As I headed in the back to tell Sandra I was heading home for the day I bumped into Shaine. I guess she was checking out for the day as well.

"Oh, are you two heading home?" Sandra asked, noticing us entering the room.

"Yeah I'm heading out." I informed her, pointing towards the door.

"Same." Shaine sighed, looking annoyed and impatient.

"Alright. Before you two go I left a bag for each of you to bring home in one of the displays. Its nothing special just some items I thought I'd reward you with." She mentioned as she looked through some paper work.

"Thank you Sandra." I was really happy receiving a bag. I'm saving up for my own apartment, my own independent life, so I'll take a free meal any day. I'd rather not tell them that though.

Shaine stayed quiet and left the room without saying anything. I followed behind her after thanking Sandra once more. I walked over to the display and took out my bag. When I looked up I saw Shaine heading for the door. I quickly snagged her bag and handed it to her before she could leave the diner.

"You're forgetting something." I said, holding out the bag. She gave me a strange look before removing it from my hands. Again she was silent, not speaking. She just walked out the door and headed in the opposite direction of me.

(Play The Song) 

After watching her disappear into the oncoming darkness I started my own trek home. I thought to myself as I stared into the deep setting sky. There was barely enough light to brighten the path home but I've been down this route enough times not to get lost or stumble over any objects lying about.

I thought about how I would approach the others. Alayne and Nikki did not respond how I'd hoped. I'm still in the dark on this situation. I find it stupid that no one is even trying to talk to me. What's going on?

My father was out drinking again so when I returned to the house it was quiet. I took a lengthy shower, continuing to plan out my next approach. I have to find someone tomorrow, cause the longer I wait the harder its going to get to fix everything.