Chapter 29 - Lurid And Lucent

Thanks you all for your patients! Things are about to go down in the story now that the trip has come to an end. You best prepare your selves (though you were probably already expecting that).

-Song: Ray LaMontagne - Be Here Now (Don't play the song until it says so in the story for the added effect)

Theo's POV

I lifted my bag and headed for the front door of my large house. Walking up the path after coming home from school is actually soothing, despite my location. The flower beds and hedges along the path are just enough to distract me from the thought of my parents sitting inside the house. Its almost like they set it all up on purpose, to lure me inside.

"Welcome home, how was your trip?!" My mom yelled bursting out the door before I could even make it to the entrance.

"It was fine mom." I sigh in frustration. The trip was more than fine, it was amazing actually, I just wanted to get rid of her.

"Tell me everything that happened!" She beamed, grabbing my hands and pulling me inside. I just let myself get pulled, with a long groan. I should have know I couldn't shake her that easily.

"Dear, Theodore's returned!" She yelled through the house. Not to long after my father showed his face, adding to my disappointment even more. I just wanted to make it to my room without being spotted by these crazy lunatics. You think I would've gotten used to their antics by now but nope, they somehow manage to surprise me 'til this day.

"How was my sons trip!" My father chuckles while wrapping an arm around my neck almost forcing me to the floor.

"It was fine!" I repeat, raising my voice.

"I can tell you had a lot of fun. You look excited." My father spouts. I mentally groan. Look who's talking.

"Can I go to my room now?" I question them angrily.

"Come come, tell us what happened." My mother drags me over to the couch in the living room, gesturing her hand for me to sit down. I groan out loud this time. They have to be doing this on purpose. I'm already missing that quiet, dark cabin... and Keegan, yes Keegan. I hope I see him at school tomorrow.

Keegan's POV

I ran down the road towards my house in the dingy looking neighborhood. The area always felt so damp and eerie, I guess that's the reason why there's mold growing everywhere. Running to my house with my mountain sized bag was like running an uphill marathon. 

My world froze when I finally reached the steps to my house, or apartment rather. I crept up the stairs to the deck as quietly as possible, hoping to be void of my father. I didn't need a black eye before school. I placed my hand on the handle of the door, it stayed that way for a couple of minutes going over the possibilities that could take place. I just decided to open it. I crept in and slowly shut the door behind me. I think I died a little when a heard someone clearing their voice.