Chapter 47 - Mending

Sorry about this being late again. I got a little distracted replying to some messages. Anyway, here it is! I apologize in advance for any mistakes!

Theo's POV

"What were you doing in my locker?" I questioned. I noticed him tense, he began playing with his fork. Silence swept over the room once more.

He sighed and turned his gaze to me, looking much more alive than he did earlier. "Theo... I..." He struggled.

"Theo... I like you... Like, I really like you." He mumbled with his face noticeably flushing a dark shade of red. I sat in my seat trying to comprehend what he said. He likes me? As more than a friend? I don't know if I'm jumping the gun but that's what it seemed like to me.

"Alayne knew this so she offered to help me." He continued with his soft voice.

"Help you? W-with what?" I asked, leaning closer to hear Keegan clearly. He went silent at my question.

"Help win you over..." He said dropping his head. S-so he does actually like me?!

"I... she told me to leave a letter in your locker. She also told me that you would appreciate it if I washed your football uniform. I'm guessing it was also her who pushed me into you in the halls that day, when I... when I knocked all of the school awards and trophies from your hand." He dully explained. I felt like I was hit with the biggest curve ball as everything suddenly started to make sense. Keegan hasn't explained everything but from what he's told me I can definitely tell Alayne's been lying some of the stuff she's told me, and that's all the proof I need to see that Keegan is innocent.

"Keegan, I..." I didn't know what to say. My mind was all over the place. I felt a slew of emotion wash over me, excitement, happiness, sadness, terror... I've been so damn awful to him. Since I've known Alayne much longer than I have Keegan I assumed I knew her better, that I assumed I could trust her. Even though Keegan showed nothing but kindness and timidness I was still quick to abandoned him. He was already leading a hard life but on top of that Alayne pit the whole school against him. I wasn't by his side when he needed me, like I had initially planned, and cause of this all he felt the need to take his life. My heart ached, reminding me of how I wasn't there for Kat either. Knowing I failed someone like that again crushed me.

"I'm sorry." That was all I could say. Thinking over the past month, everything I've done during that period of time, it made me feel awful, disgusting.

"Keegan, I'm so sorry." I apologized again, my nerves eating at me. He turned his head away from me. It seemed he wasn't ready to forgive me... I understand that though, I've been a total dick to him, I don't deserve to be forgiven.

"I need some air." I said, feeling sick, uneasy and tight chested.

I left the room in hurry, rushing down the stairs and out the front door. I've tried relaxing several times today but every time something happens. I'm glad Keegan cleared things up though, I wouldn't want to live a life around lies. My phone abruptly went off, snapping me from my thoughts. I bit my lip when I saw that it was Alayne. I tried my best not to smash the phone across the walkway. It was frustrating knowing that she was the root of all the problem and she's been pulling her schemes right next to me this whole time. I'm stupid for not realizing it, I mean even my brother who's far more hotheaded than me had enough sense to know something was up, but I continued disregarding him cause I thought I was in the right.