Chapter 3 - Me and Ms. Kim

Lisa's POV

Ms. Kim caught me red-handed. What else can I say to deny the fact that I've been stalking my boss in any way that I can.

She was glaring at me and was waiting for an answer.

"I...I w-was..uhmmm...." But what am I supposed to say?!

"That's very inappropriate, Ms. Manoban!" No, she's not yelling but the firmness in her voice is giving me chills.

I looked down. I am so embarrassed I would like to resign right there and then.

"I...I'm sorry for my behavior. Y-you can fire me now." It was almost a whisper but she's close enough to hear me for sure.

"Fire you huh!"

"I will submit my resignation tomorrow ma'am. I'm really sorry."

"What exactly are you trying to do though?" Wow. Should I explain further?

"You know what Jennie...I mean Ms. Kim..." I paused. I looked at her and she's waiting for what I'm about to say.

"Forgive me. I can't help but admire you. I know what you caught me doing was very unprofessional and inappropriate, but...I can't even stop myself. I so like you." What am I to lose? I'm about to get fired anyways.

"Very bold of you to say that on my face, Lisa."

Hearing my name from her lips...why am I being ecstatic even in this situation? WTF is wrong with me?!

Instead of saying anything more, I started clearing my desk and put all my stuff in a box that came handy because I brought something for everyone a while ago. No occasion. Just feeling generous. Didn't think that'd be my farewell gift for them.

"Meet me at my office first thing in the morning tomorrow."

That's all she said before she left. I was dumbfounded.

So I'm not yet fired?! 😮😱