Chapter 12 - Just Admit It

Jennie's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since I last saw Lisa. She never called nor messaged me after that one where she admitted she likes me...or loves me. Whenever my phone would ring or alerts me with a new message, I was somehow low key hoping it is her. But nothing. She really just gave up like that.

I was supposed to be on leave for a month. But staying home is only making me lonelier and I'm missing my little sister so bad that sometimes I spend hours just crying and blaming myself for not being able to save her.

I declined all invitations from my friends to go out. Even a vacation somewhere didn't sound enticing to me.

So here I am inside my car after I parked it. I don't know what to feel or how to react when I see Lisa in the office. It could be pretty awkward.

Well...to make it easier for my wondering, when I finally decided to go out, I saw her went down from her car as well. Just behind mine.

I was looking her way and waiting for any indication that she saw me too. But after a few seconds she's already on her phone. She walked the other way and straight to the direction going to the elevator.

Maybe she didn't see me. Okay Jennie. No need to overthink.

*****
I was alone in the elevator. It was quite early so there aren't many people around this time. It was about to close when someone put their hand to keep the door open.

But when she saw who was inside, she removed her hand from the elevator's door, she took few steps back and looked down. It was Lisa.

And that gesture hurt me. So I pressed the button to keep the door open and said "Hurry up Ms. Manoban. You already wasted few seconds of my time."

Instead of going inside, it's just perfect timing that the girl I saw she was hugging at the parking lot showed up from nowhere.

"Hey Lisa! Wanna grab some coffee first before going up?" The blonde girl asked.

"Sure! Let's go!" Lisa put her right hand on top of the other girl's shoulder and they left. That didn't feel good either. Do I deserve this?!

I had to take a few deep breaths so I can relax. I felt my eyes swell and I might just have tears running down my face if I won't distract myself.

This day isn't going so well at all.

*****
Lisa's POV

She's back. God how I missed her. If only I can get myself to say hi and ask how she had been. But I can't. I just can't. I'm still so embarrassed after admitting I like her and that I might've fallen in love with her.

So I pretended I didn't see her at the parking lot and I didn't want to be alone with her in the elevator either because that would be so awkward.

Good thing Rosie came and saved me.

****
Jennie's POV

The people were surprised to see me but they, of course, needed to acknowledge my presence. Some of them bowing their heads and some saying good morning. They all look unsure if they are to welcome me with cheerful smiles or let me be because they know what happened.

I forced a smile and I guess I did a good job in making them feel I'm in a good mood even if I'm not. Most of the employees under me come to work early.

I went straight to my office. My secretary was already in her table when I arrived. She greeted me good morning and asked if I would like some coffee or how if I would want her to go through my schedule right away.

I said coffee would be good and that we will talk when she brings the coffee inside.

No matter how much I try to ignore it, what I'm feeling for Lisa is just knocking me off. I wanted to talk to her. I want her to understand why I am like this. But... it's not so me as well to be setting my pride aside. So no. I will just try to go through my day and maybe soon what I'm feeling for her would go away.

After 20 minutes, someone knocked at my door. I was expecting it's my secretary.

"Ms. Kim.... I...I got you coffee. I asked permission from Leah  (Jennie's secretary) t-to come inside."

It's Lisa.

I stood up...took the coffee from her hand and put it on top of my table.

I looked up to her for a few seconds. All I can see is her caring eyes and her soft aura. I wasn't able to hold myself back.

I let down all my defenses and hugged her tight. God I missed her so much.