Chapter 15 - My Jennie

Lisa's POV

I now have a new purpose in life—make this woman learn how to accept her emotions and be not afraid to show affection. I know that she feels something for me too. The way that she's crying in my arms, the denial of her trying to prepare dinner for me, the way she's still whispering she doesn't want this and she doesn't need me. This has to change and I will make her realize that I am worth it.

"Ssshhhh...it's okay, Jennie. I am here and I will do everything that I can to make you happy."

"N-no, Lisa. Don't say that. No one can make me happy. I don't deserve to be happy."

"Of course you deserve to be happy, Ms. Kim." I moved my body away from her a little and looked at her face. She's staring down so I have to lift her chin for her to stare back at me.

"You do love me, don't you?" We have to be bold sometimes y'know.

She's shaking her head and still won't admit to herself what she really feels.

"We need to work on your ego. Why can't you not say you do?"

"Because I don't want to love someone. I can't love someone."

"Silly. You already do." And I touched the top of her nose and pinch it a little.

"Hey!" She giggled and blushed.

"You're just like a kid, do you know that?"

"Kid?! I am your boss, remember??"

"Oh sure, you're my boss alright. But see, you're such a cry baby." I wiped her tears and give her face a few little kisses.

She can't hide her smile anymore.

"How can you do this to me, Lisa?"

"Do what?"

"M-make me feel helpless. I'm a strong woman. I can have whatever I want and...and ignore or set aside my emotions. But with you, I just can't."

"Oh there you go. Did you just admit you love me too?" I teased her.

"Well...you won't believe me even if I say no anyway."

"Coz you're pretty obvious, Ms. Kim."

And she smiled once more. A bigger one this time. I can see her eyes are happy and I can't help but feel that I finally did something good in life knowing that I'm the one making her like this.

A moment of silence...and her tummy growled.

I laughed out loud and damn the glare she gave me. 🤭

"Since you almost tossed everything away, let's go outside and eat?"

"N-no. I'm not hungry."

This girl and her habit of denying what's obvious. Duh.

"Not hungry huh? Didn't we just hear your stomach a while ago?" And I laughed a little more.

She laughed, too. And she's so beautiful. This is the kind of Jennie that I always want to see. Not someone who's always trying to be cold and not wanting to show how she really feels.

While looking at her I already have things running on my mind on how to keep her happy. I'm so excited for us. I hope mom and dad would not get in the way. I hope no one would.

But I would fight for my Jennie no matter what. It feels great when you finally find something or someone that makes want to a better person.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I...I...I love y-you, Lisa."

*******

Jennie's POV

I was trying to push away every possible thought that can destroy this happiness that I'm feeling right now. I finally gave in. No more shutting Lisa away. I can't do that anymore because I'm hurting myself more by doing so.

I hope she won't come to know the things that might make her change the way she sees me and feels for me.

My past had been hanging around me and because of it I always thought I don't deserve to be happy.

But maybe I do.