Chapter 16 - She Must Never Know

Jennie's POV

So this is what being in love feels like. I never knew it would feel so overwhelming. Although at the back of my mind, I'm praying to all the gods that Lisa will never find out about my dark past and how I treated relationships.

I don't know if she remembers how I wanted her to be my slave. Or maybe she just decided to disregard how weird I had been and just chose to accept me for what she thinks I am.

I would set that fear aside and just enjoy this moment with her. This wouldn't be easy because I'm her boss. While at work, we need to maintain professionalism and keep our hands away from each other.

I never expected this chapter of my life would ever come. I never thought someone would eventually break into the walls that I built for myself to protect me from being hurt and for leaning how to love.

Nonetheless, I need to prepare myself if the worst would ever happen. If Lisa comes to know my dark past and how I played with people to have my own satisfaction, I bet she would hate me. I don't have the courage to tell her about it. But if she ever finds out, I won't deny the truth.

"Jennie? I thought you're already sleeping..."

I came back to my senses when I heard her speak.

Because it's already late, I told her to just stay the night. As expected, she was more than ecstatic. Just like a kid.

"I...I can't sleep just yet. Don't mind me. Rest." I responded while rubbing her arm lightly.

"Hmmm...another good night kiss, please?"

She was pouting her lips with her eyes closed. Silly girl. We're facing each other although she pulled me close to her a while ago, I tried to distance myself. But still close enough...so close that I can devour her if I would like to. I sighed. And maybe I did a little to loud because Lisa opened her eyes.

"Something wrong? You don't want to give me another kiss?"

Why does she looks so innocent? I don't know her that much. I now realize we don't know things about each other. If she had any past relationships too, I have no idea. She's someone who's willing to do everything for the one she loves though.

"Jennie? Are you...are you not comfortable that I'm here?"

I don't like sleeping in total darkness so I have the lampshade on and I can see her clearly.

"No Lisa. It's fine that you are with me. I like it actually." I honestly responded.

"Cool...I'm waiting..." She closed her eyes again and pouted her lips.

I leaned closer to her and gave her what she wanted. Just a quick little kiss and she right away smiled.

"Sweetest night I ever had in my whole damn life. I love y...." She's back to sleep and I'm back on my train of thoughts.

"I love you too, Lisa. Please don't hurt me." I whispered even if I'm more than sure that she can no longer hear me.