Chapter 7 - Then What?

Lisa's POV

The next day after my encounter with Jennie, I went to work as usual. I was expecting by now we should have something going on between us. Unfortunately, everything was not as I was expecting them to be.

She didn't even give me a single glance when she passed by and I was at one of my coworker's station. She can see me perfectly for sure.

No good morning...no nothing. I was all smiles and was about to greet her the same way as the other employees, but she has a blank expression on her face and went straight to her office room.

***********
Jennie's POV

Ella is not looking good. I'm up almost all night while watching her every breath. I don't want to accept that I only have weeks, or maybe days, left with my sister. I just can't absorb that fact that her doctor told me yesterday.

I went to work with sunglasses to hide my eye bags. I am not in the mood to interact to any human being. I even ignored Lisa when I passed by her.

Although...I'm thinking I can use her to make me feel a little better.

I had my secretary check my schedule for the day. Good thing I only have a few meetings and nothing urgent so I would just send a representative.

Tough Jennie Kim is feeling lost right now. My sister is the only motivation I have all these years for me to lead a good life for both of us. If she would be taken away from me then what would be left to look forward to?

Lisa. Why did she even come to my mind. Am I really starting to like her?! Shit.

*************
Lisa's POV

After maybe half an hour, I was called by my boss's secretary to go inside her office.

"Did she tell you why? Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"I hope I can answer your question, Lisa. But if you noticed, Ms. Kim is not in a good mood. I would rather not pry." Well. I could totally understand.

Maybe Jennie needed something from me. I glanced at the small mirror at the top of my table. "Pretty hot you are b*tch" I told myself. LOL!

So here we go. I knocked at my boss' office door. I heard her secretary's phone rang.

"Lisa just go inside." She told me after.

"You sure I'd come out alive?" I teasingly said to her before going inside. She just looked at me with a "good luck to you" expression on her face.

Jennie's chair was facing the other way when I came in. She's somewhat staring at the window.

"Lisa." She sounded cold yet something in her voice is telling me that she is sad. Maybe needs some sort of comforting even.

"M-Ms. Kim. You asked for me?" I kinda stuttered.

"I obviously did." Of course she did.

"Do you need anything from me?"

"Obviously. Why would I even have you come here if don't need anything from you?!" Geez. Why is this woman being like this to me? Last time she was so...can I call that flirty? Oh well.

"What c-can I d-do for you boss?"

"Strip in front of me."

"W-what?!"

"You heard me!!"

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"I am not very patient today, Lisa." Her voice brings shiver to my very bones. Very scary little human being, I said to myself.

"B-but...we're at the office..." I tried to decline some more of what she's asking me to do. Although I must admit I kinda have naughty thoughts upon hearing what she's asking for me to do.

"Fuck. How stupid of me to not realize we're at the office." She chuckled. Then she turned her chair and faced me. I can see her sadness and the worry written all over her strict yet very pretty face.

"M-Ms. Kim...I...c-can we do it somewhere else? I'm not comfortable—"

"Leave!" She yelled while looking straight into my soul.

I don't know what to do. I want to go near her and comfort her. I wanted to ask what's wrong. But what right do I have to do that?

"I—"

"I said leave..." Her voice sounded soft...and she's teary-eyed.

"Jennie...what's wrong?" I finally had the nerves to ask.

"Ms. Manoban...just so you know, we're not friends for you to be asking me that."

"I'm trying to be a human being, Jennie. I can see you're not your usual self. Your slave...if that's what you'd like to call me. I can do what you asked me a while ago if that would make you feel any better."

"Come here." I heard her say after a minute of silence.

When I was in front of her, she hugged me. She was still seated so she's technically embracing my waist. I was surprised by her gesture.

"J-Jennie..." I caressed her hair. She's sobbing but not saying anything.

We stayed like that for maybe good 5 minutes before she pushed me away gently.

"Go back to work."

She turned her chair again so I can't see her face.

"I can stay here—"

"Go back to your fucking table and work, Ms. Manoban!"

What the hell?!

I bowed a little even if she's not looking at me. Maybe she can see my reflection in the window.

I waited for everyone to leave. Jennie hasn't left her office all day. I didn't go out during lunch break. I had my coworker buy something for me. I went to the restroom just twice but I would ask my friend who's table is located near Jennie's office to let me know if she leaves. She told me she didn't.

It's 6 in the evening. Her secretary also left half an hour ago. Why is she not going out yet? I'm starting to get worried. I don't know why but I am more than sure she's going through something.

I can't wait any longer. It's 6:15PM and no sign of her coming out.

I took the steps to her door and knocked a few times. No response.

I knocked some more. No nothing still.

It's not locked when I tried to open her door. When I am inside, she's looking at her phone. Tears running down her pretty face.

I almost run to her and was about to hug her but before I can even do that, she stared at me as if I'm the filthiest person in the world.

"Don't you dare..."

Jennie Kim. What the hell are you really. I didn't move.

She returned her focus on her phone and was typing something.

"Don't pretend you're so tough, Jennie. I'm here for you. Use me for whatever it is that you wanted me for. Friend, slave, mere employee. Anything at all. Please."

She looked at me. Her expression changed this time. She opened her arms and I slowly went near her.

"I'm here, Jennie." She hugged me same as she did this morning. She started to cry hard.

I pulled her closer to me and rubbed her back.