Chapter 26 - Untitled

Jennie's POV

I woke up around midnight. My back hurts a little. I didn't realize I fell asleep on the couch. I was hoping for Lisa to come. I was dearly hoping she would show up. But I was quite exhausted so I decided to lay to the couch.

I didn't even turn the lights off. I checked my door if I managed to lock it. Glad I did. Then I checked my phone. There are several missed calls and multiple messages from Lisa.

"Baby, I am my way there. Please wait for me. I love you."

"Please don't be mad. I'm really sorry."

"Jennie? Please please reply to me once."

"I hope you are fine. I'm starting to get really worried. Answer my calls, Jennie please.."

"Baby....open your door."

"I will wait and wouldn't leave until I talk to you."

Oh...so she came back? I immediately opened my door.

I turned the lights on in my porch. And there goes Lisa....looks like she had fallen asleep too.

She was uncomfortably curled in one of the chairs outside.

I went to her and tried to wake her up. Why did she even sleep in here when it's quite cold.

"Lisa...hey. Wake up."

She groaned a little.

"Who is he...." She whispered.

I was surprised with her question. But no, she's still sleeping. That almost gave me a heart attack.

I kissed her forehead and patted her head. This human being is so precious to me. If I would lose her soon, I will be grateful still that I had a chance to be happy with her even just for a while.

"J-jennie?"

She's finally awake.

"Hey...who told you you can sleep on my porch?" I teased.

"I...I was waiting for you to open your door. I'm sorry I came too late."

My eyes swelled.

"Baby...why are you sad? Hey..."

She stood up and hugged me.

"I'm here...I am sorry I had to go check with my family. But it's all good now. You're not mad, are you?"

It made me cry some more.

She's here...but for how long?

****
We both went inside my house. She was waiting in the living room while I was preparing hot chocolate for us.

After a while, I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

"Jen? Jennie? My baby mandu? You hear me fine?"

She's being childish again yet I find it sweet.

"W-what?" I pretended that I'm quite annoyed.

"How much do you love me?"

"I just do. Why all of a sudden are you asking me that?"

"Coz I wanna know. That's why."

"Can love be measured? You're silly."

"I just wanna hear you say that I'm the most precious thing on earth for you and that you would never want to lose me and and...you would like to spend the rest of your life with me. Is it wrong for me to want that from you?"

I don't know why she's being like this. Maybe her intuition is telling her something, too.

"Lisa, I don't mind telling all of those things to you. But why are you wanting to hear me say it?"