Chapter 10 - Ain't No F*cking Way

Lisa's POV

Have to catch some fresh air or else I will already talk back to Ms. Kim which is something I don't want to happen. I know she's acting tough...but she needs someone to be there for her. It doesn't seem like she has a lot of friends either. I've seen some who stayed longer and talked to her. Some I even envy because I saw how Jennie was quite affectionate and appreciative of their presence.

While me? My presence is not welcomed at all. But it's okay. I don't understand myself too. I wanted so bad to make sure Jennie has someone who supports her 24/7.  I want that person to be me.

I guess my obsession with her has evolved into something deeper. Something that's making me act weird and possessive. Regardless if she appreciates it or not.

After that scene in her office where she poured herself out to me, I went back to being nothing. How can she do that? It's like there's an invisible switch that she turns on and off for me.

I was sitting in front of the building. Then I saw a tall handsome guy who looks like waiting or searching for someone. I was surprised when Jennie came out and they hugged so tightly...and that didn't do good to my heart.

They stayed like that for good 30 seconds or so. Then Jennie caught me staring.

It's like there's this "Why are you still here?" Or "Did I not tell you to leave?" written in her questioning face.

I just sighed and was about to go back inside. I have no plans of leaving. I just needed to calm myself.

"Where do you think you're going, Ms. Manoban?" She stopped me on my arm.

I saw the guy went inside first when she gestured for him to do so.

"Inside. To make sure you have someone." She didn't look pleased.

"I don't know if you're dumb or not listening at all to what I'm saying. I don't need you here! God! Why are you making things even harder for me?!" She irritatingly said.

Ouch. That's quite hurtful.

"Jennie—"

"Stop calling me by my first name for fuck's sake! I can't stand you really!"

Another ouch. How much more can you stand Lisa? I asked myself.

"Who's that guy?"

"None of your business. But since you've been saying you want to make sure I have someone, then he is here. That's my someone and not you."

Did I subscribe to unlimited ouch for today? Holy fucking shit.

Why do I care so much?! She's my boss! But isn't she the one who told me she wanted me to be her slave?! The heck.

"I am still not leaving—"

"Can't you see I'm mourning?! Last thing that I should be doing is dealing with you and your stubbornness!" She's turning a little red now. She can't shout but I can feel her anger.

What the hell, Lisa?! Just fucking leave!

I was about to respond but the guy from a while ago went back and put his arm around Jennie's waist and rubbed her side a little.

"Come on babe. Let's go inside." I heard him say and .. well, another ouch.

But I thought Jennie is not in a relationship... she said she wanted me to be her slave and even told me to move in with her! Or she wanted me to stay somewhere. I might've have misunderstood that.

This reminded me of what I usually hear from other people.

"You're nothing but trouble."

Maybe I'm no good for anyone. Just when I thought Jennie at least have a little interest in me, I guess I was wrong.

Lisa has been fooled. I assumed so much. I fell so fast for her. Fuck this.

I watched as the guy lead her inside. She looked back at me one last time before they disappeared from my sight.

*****
Jennie's POV

I hated myself for being mean to Lisa. The moment I was sure she can't see us anymore, I removed Jared's arm around me gently.

He is my ex who thinks we're still together. There's no love involved on my end. He was so persistent so I just let him be.

He came into my life after the last "slave" I had.

And I know Lisa was hurt. I shouldn't care. But I do. Damn. Ain't no fucking way someone is finally breaking the walls I built for myself.

But no. She will never know about it.