Chapter 11 - Feelings

Lisa's POV

I don't have any right to stay beside Jennie, do I? So after her bluntly telling me multiple times that she doesn't need me, I finally conceded.

I was looking down while going to the parking lot. If a car would hit me, then it's my fault.

Well...I bumped into someone.

"Hey! Look where you're going!" She shouted.

"S-sorry..." I didn't know if she even heard me because I could barely hear myself. I didn't bother to even glance at her and just continued taking my steps.

"Manoban?! Is that you?" I was surprised she called me by my last name. So I looked back.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"I expect you do! Or else—"

"Chipmunk?! Oh my God! Is it really you?!" I got excited seeing my long time friend who moved to Australia few years back.

"Of course it's me! It's good to see you again!" And we hugged each other. I forgot for a bit that I have a lonely heart because of Ms. Kim.

And speaking of her, she's staring at us, or should I call that glaring. She's a few meters away. When she saw me noticed her, she walked and passed by us. Her car is just close to mine. What was that glare for?

*******
Jennie's POV

Jared convinced me to go home for a few hours and get some rest. My closest friends are there with him and they pretty know each other so they all agreed to the idea.

I was walking to go to to my car when I witnessed a scene that, for some reason I'm still not willing to admit to myself, made me mad or jealous. I can't exactly pinpoint what I felt when I saw Lisa hug that girl.

I'm not supposed to react or feel anything at all, right? In fact, I've been driving her away. But damn it. I don't like her hugging someone else. Her arms belong to me and me alone.

I passed by them and went to my car. I was still glaring at them while they are now talking cheerfully with each other.

I decided to leave. When I passed by them, I rolled down my window.

"Hey Ms. Manoban. I want to see you in my office the soonest time possible!" Then I drove away.

Office? Really Jennie? I checked my phone. It's almost 6 in the evening and...idiot, it's a Saturday!Lisa was about to say something before I rolled my windows up.

Fuck this unexplainable feeling that is conquering me. This is not supposed to happen! No one should ever make me lose control of what I should feel!

After a while, I received a message from Lisa.

"Ms. Kim, it's Saturday. But if you want, I can come and accompany you to your house or wherever it is that you're going."

I replied almost immediately while the red light is on.

I decided to give her the address where I have my slaves stay. I'm going out of mind, I guess.

"Take care, Jennie. I will see you in a bit." Was her response.

Whenever she calls me Jennie, it makes me happy and feels like we have our own connection. Not as boss-employee nor friends and all the more not lovers but we are something else.

****
I ordered pizza because I realized I haven't really eaten almost anything since this morning. It arrived just a few minutes before Lisa did. I was already having my first slice when she sent me a message saying she's already at the gate.

I went to her fast but I returned to my cold aura when I faced her.

"I brought food." She said and the smell made me want to throw away my pizza. LOL!

"Come inside." I quickly turned around. But if I could be very honest to myself, I want to throw myself to her and hug her tight. If only I'm not projecting that I don't give a damn about her.

When we're inside, I lead her to the kitchen. She helped herself and took out what she brought.

"You need to eat properly. You haven't had enough rest recently. You should at least be prioritizing your health."

She was scolding me and I'm behind her watching and having a genuine smile on my face that I won't allow her to see of course.

"Thank you, Ms. Manoban. I know how to take care of myself just fine. You don't need to remind me of what I need to do." I occupied one of the chairs. She took 2 plates and started putting food at the one in front of me.

"Can't you stir away from being cold just for once? I am trying my best to take care of you. Can't you see that?" There's an indication of bitterness in her voice.

But of course I decided to continue on with my facade.

"Which you don't have to and no one's telling you to do so."

I don't know how long her legs are but she was beside me in a matter of seconds. She pulled one of the seats and she sat facing my direction. I didn't look at her.

"Jennie...why are you making it too hard to penetrate through your wall? I have nothing but good intentions for you. I just want you to be okay. I want to help you out in any way that I can. I just can't understand why won't you let me in! Is there something wrong about me? Is there anything you want me to change with anything at all about myself for you to start opening up?"

I hate confrontations. Especially those that I'm sure I am vulnerable with.

"Stop it, Lisa. I don't need to explain anything to you. And like what I said, no one told you to do the things that you're doing for me. What are you expecting in return by the way? For me to welcome you with open arms into my life as if we've known each other for so long?!"

"Right. I'm sorry for acting this way. Please eat. I...I will just leave. You have a good night, Ms. Kim."

After saying that she stood up and was already heading out.

Should I stop her? But no...my pride won. I just sat there and...cried. Why am I even crying?!

Then I heard my message tone. I grabbed my cellphone and saw Lisa's name.

"Again Ms. Kim, my apologies for being too insensitive. I should've realized right away that you never wanted me. Don't worry, I would stop caring about you. I can be a mere employee. Sure. That's all I can be. I'm not even good at it. So why am I even expecting for my boss to like me in any way at all? But for once, I will tell you this and move on.

I like you so much. And I think I even fell in love with you no matter how inappropriate you think that might be.

But there I said it. You take care."

Reading it made me cry even more. I can't let anyone in my life. I can't take the pain of losing someone again. After Ella, I don't think I can endure having someone I love leave me. I would be devastated. I can even hardly keep myself together now. 😞