Chapter 32 - Creep

Jenne's POV

The moment that I received another call from an unknown number, I already know it was him. I have made up my mind.

"Hello?" I hesitantly said when I pressed the accept call button.

"It's so good to hear your voice. I hope you can give me your response now."

He sounded so creepy. But at the back of my mind, one night added to the countless instances I was with him is not really a big deal. Or is it?

Lisa. Would doing this save our relationship or would it make things worse? God, I don't want to lose her.

******
Lisa's POV

I can see and hear everything. Every f*cking thing and it's making me lose my temper. This can't be true. This is not right. This is not Jennie that I'm hearing this from. 😩

That afternoon, Jennie and I had dinner. She came to my place and I tried my best to cook for her. But everytime I'm going to look at her, I can't shake off what I heard a while ago.

I wasn't able to hear the one she was talking to but I am more than sure about what they're planning to do. And it hurts... it damn hurts.

"Baby... you seem distracted. Is everything alright?"

I was even startled when Jennie spoke from my back. I turned off the stove but I was just there standing and thinking.

"Y-yeah..." I responded shortly.

"Is something bothering you, Lisa?"

"Nothing. Let's eat baby."

I was about to take my step and prepare the table when I felt her hand on my right arm...it tightened a bit.

"A big question mark is written all over your face. Tell me now what's running through your head since earlier."

I sighed. I put my hand on top of hers and rubbed it with my thumb.

"You can tell me anything, Jennie. I know I already told you this but...I can protect you more than you think you know."

She tried to smile but there's that evident fear again in her eyes.

She tiptoed and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"I know, Lisa. I know."

***
Still, the night was already done and yet she didn't say anything.

"I should be going. I will see you Monday at the office." She stood up from the couch.

I sighed.

However, I don't want to force her to say something if she doesn't want to.

"Okay. Drive safely. Message me once you arrive home." I also stood up and gave her a tight hug. I kissed the top of head before putting my forehead on hers.

"I love you, Jennie." I whispered.

"I... l-love you, too. Good night, Lisa."

And off she went. I sat back on the couch. What should I do? What can I do?

I was deep in my thoughts when my phone rang.

I took the call.

"That man is dangerous Ms. Lisa."

...and I almost jumped off the couch to follow Jennie.

You're Nothing But Trouble जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें