Chapter 35 - Alone

Lisa's POV

Last night was amazing. I smiled remembering what happened. It felt so natural and genuine and I love her more than ever now.

It's still pretty dark. I reached for Jennie by my side. It was empty. Did she go to the bathroom? I glanced to where the bathroom was. The light is off.

Hmmm...did she get up early to prepare our breakfast? Geez...I can't wait to envelope her in my arms again. Jennie has been my happiness ever since I met her. My mom has been hinting that I need to start learning how to run our company. I might have less time with my lovely girlfriend so I am taking all the chances to be with her now.

Maybe I can also tell her soon that I am her boss's daughter. What would her reaction be? I hope she won't get mad.

I lazily got up and find my way to the kitchen. However, no one's in there. Where could she be? I suddenly felt an unexplainable fear and pain. I ran back to her room to check if she left a note or something , but there's none. I checked my phone but no nothing as well.

I tried to call her but her phone is unreachable.

"Jennie!!!!! Baby!! Are you hiding from me?! Show yourself now please!!"

I started calling her out while I go through the whole place and hoping I would see her somewhere hiding or whatever.

Nothing.. nothing again!

I tried to call her multiple times but it seems like her phone is off.

But no. I won't jump into conclusions. Maybe she just went to buy groceries or whatever. Maybe she forgot to charge her phone.

Calm down, Lisa. Jennie will never leave you. Especially after what you shared last night. I am so sure she loves me. I felt it with every single nerve in my body.

*********

It's almost 2 years now and I can still remember clearly that day and I just hoped I never woke up. It could've been better if I just lived in that fantasy of having that girl beside me.

I still don't understand what went wrong. She could've at least said goodbye. Did she finally realize she's still into men? Did she go back to Jared or maybe she met someone new? 

I don't even want to utter her name. It hurts. It still hurts so much. I had to distract myself for me to not think about her all the time. I focused all my time and energy learning as much as I could about the business my parents built and had been running successfully until now. I will be the one handling it the moment that they decide to retire.

***********
Jennie's POV

Time passed by so fast. I left the country and found a good job somewhere in Europe. I never went back to Korea since then. But one of the only few close friends I have said she would be getting married soon and she wanted me to be there during her special day.

Lisa never left my mind. Even up to this day, I still think about her and, whether I admit it or not, I still love her. I am not hoping to see her though. In fact, I don't think I will ever have the courage to ever face her again. It's better this way. I heard from a friend working in their company that she's being more visible now and her parents already introduced her to the public.

She's doing great. I am happy she does. She deserves it. If I did hang around with her, she will have her attention and focus divided. I don't know. I am convincing myself that I made the right decision. Sometimes I regret it. Most of the time I consider going back and show up to her to just see her reaction.

It's funny how I overthink about this and that. On the other hand I don't have the slightest idea if she hates me or what not.

Since I only have a few people in my life that I consider friends, I am planning to go back and attend the wedding. I have a month to prepare myself.

***********TIME PASSED***********
Lisa's POV

I hate attending weddings! My dad is out of the country, so my mom dragged me to accompany her. She said the groom is the son of one of her good friends.

My mom can be so irritating at times. But she had been my support system since that someone left me all of a sudden. So it's just fair that I follow what she asks of me.

We've been sitting for a few minutes and I felt the need to pee.

"Mom I will just go to the washroom."

"Okay. Don't go home, Lisa. I know you're considering that." My mom teased me.

I just rolled her eyes at her before leaving and looking for the closest washroom.

*****
Jennie's POV

I am not someone who likes being late so I was a little frustrated when the traffic was quite bad.

Once I arrived around the wedding venue, I tried to look for a washroom to freshen up a bit.

I went inside the nearest one that I saw. While I was doing my retouch, I heard one of the cubicles opened. I unintentionally looked at that direction and saw someone I was dearly hoping not to see.

When she noticed me, she looked surprised. Then her face expression turned blank. I can't figure out is she's happy to see me or not.

I tried to ignore her and just continued what I was doing. But she came over and stood beside me. She stared at me through the mirror in front of us.

"I never knew seeing you again would bring the feeling of betrayal I felt when you left me."

I tried to keep my cool and quickly finished freshening up. I planned to just leave the washroom without responding.

I was about to leave but she held my arm.

"You know what I avoided to do ever since you disappeared? I never said your name even once. But why won't you answer one question for me and I can finally have my peace. Why did you leave me? ....Jennie."