Chapter 18 - Enough

Lisa's POV

I expected too much...hoped too much and maybe fell too hard for Jennie only to be let down over and over again. Maybe enough is enough. Why would I keep on pushing myself to someone who doesn't see me the same way? So whatever Jennie Kim. Do your thing and I will do mine from now on.

It's not as if this is the first time I had my heart broken. The only difference is this is way more painful.

After I left her house Saturday evening, I turned my phone off and went to a bar where some of my few friends usually go. Good thing Bam was there too and when I got too drunk, he helped me get in my car and allowed me to drive when I assured him I can manage. I barely did though. Almost hit another car and went out of lane a few times. Lucky for me it didn't get worse than that. Well I'm still alive, just lying in the hospital bed.

The worried face of my mom came to view when I opened my eyes.

"Lisa..." she held my hand tighter and was about to cry.

"M-mom...I'm fine. Don't worry." Although I feel pain all over my body.

"You're not fine young lady. And did I not tell you to never drive when you're drunk!?"

Oh, my mom is scolding me now.

"Please mom. I can't... I was not that drunk. Just bad luck maybe."

She sighed.

"Always getting yourself in trouble. One more miss and I surely would drag you back to our house and give you a driver and a bodyguard everywhere you go."

"W-what?! No way! You know I hate that!"

"Then fix yourself, Lisa. I don't want to receive another phone call saying you're at the police station or at the hospital."

Right. Told you, I am nothing but trouble.

"I want to rest mom. Please."

"Hey baby. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be scolding you while you're in this condition."

"It's okay. Everything you said is true anyways."

"As a mom, I only want what's best for you. You're our only daughter and we love you so much. Your dad is on his way back from Paris. He cut his business trip short when he came to know what happened to you."

"That's not necessary." Me and dad are not in the best daughter-father relationship. He's barely around.

"Lisa..."

"Can I just go home to my apartment? I can manage."

"Always saying you can manage and look at what you've done to yourself."

"Mom...I'm no longer a kid. I'm an adult who can make her own decisions."

"Not in this state, Lisa. The doctor said they would need to observe you longer just to be sure that nothing had been severely damaged internally."

"Fine. But go home, mom. I know you have a lot of responsibilities."

"I am your mother, Lisa. And right now nothing is more important than to make sure you're okay. So you can drive me away all you want but I'm staying. And you will come home to our house once you're out of here. No buts...no arguments."

It's my turn to sigh.

"Do you know where my phone is, mom?"

She nodded to her assistant and he took something from a bag which is at the couch at the side of my bed.

I turned my phone on. My message tone started to chime nonstop.

I saw the name keeps popping up....
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie and more Jennie.