Chapter 23 - Rival

Lisa's POV

Jennie is more carefree now and more showy, which I really like. Sometimes she's extra sweet and I can't help but have a permanent smile on my face when I'm with her.

We're slowly learning about each other. I'm still not comfortable that somewhere a Jared guy exists. I hate that thought. At times I want to bring it up and talk to Jennie about it. However, her only reply was he is not a threat in our relationship. I hope no one else is. I'm so attached with this girl by now and I get jealous so easily.

But lately I've been receiving messages from my first love. She left to study abroad and that's the reason that we stopped with whatever it was that we had back then.

I won't deny that somehow knowing that she's back made me a little too excited to see her. I'm not in love with her anymore but y'know, I'm just curious how she had been.

I'm contemplating if I should tell Jennie about it. Is she a jealous type too? Maybe not. She's very independent and doesn't really care much about those things I guess.

"You've been on your phone the whole time that you're here. Why don't you just go home so you can focus more with whoever you're communicating with?" Jennie was staring at me with her scary cat eyes. She told me to wait in the living while she cooks. So I did.

"I...I was just keeping myself occupied while waiting for you baby." I answered a little nervous.

"I peeked on you several times and you were all smiles. Who is that?"

"No one. Nobody important. Just an old friend."

"Friend huh."

I stood up and went to her. She's standing in the between the kitchen and the living room. Maybe she was really checking on me while I was busy with my phone that I didn't notice her.

She's holding a ladle on her right hand. I hugged her.

"My baby mandu is the most beautiful woman on earth. Ain't nobody gonna take away my eyes from you, okay?"

"I'm sweaty. Don't hug me."

"Don't care. Sweaty or not, you're still hot."

"Lisa!!"

I chuckled. I released her from my hug and she was blushing. Jennie Kim is blushing. What a view 😍

*******
Jennie's POV

Am I a jealous type? Hell yeah. If only I'm not trying to perfect what I'm cooking, I could've totally left the kitchen or drag Lisa with me in there.

It's not so nice seeing her smile because of somebody else.

"Do you think it's better if I will just accompany you while cooking? I won't be a menace, I promise." I heard her say.

"No need for that. Just go back and sit and behave! That's what you need to do, Lisa. Behave like one good girl. Like what you've said, you have a hot girlfriend right here. You're so lucky she's cooking for you so you better not do anything nasty on my back."

She giggled.

"I'm all yours and I sure know how lucky I am that you're mine."

"Okay, this won't take long and I will be done."

She kissed me on my cheek before returning on the couch.

For some reason I can sense something is not right and I don't like it.

**The following weekend..**
Author's  POV

Jennie was already planning of letting Lisa know more about her. She would bring her to her apartment. If she would ask why she has another house, she might just tell the truth.

She's trying to create scenes in her head on how  Lisa would react. Would she still accept her or would she hate her? But why would she hate her when the times that she was the old Jennie, Lisa was still not in her life and what she was doing was to release her stress.

Jennie can't help but have hesitations. Maybe she would just wait a little longer.

******
Lisa's POV

Crap, my first love wanted to meet me after work on Monday. What would I tell Jennie?! But I honestly don't feel anything for her anymore aside from, well...maybe I'm just curious how she looks like and how she had been.

I don't think it's an option to lie because if Jennie finds out, I'm a dead woman. And of course I don't want to hurt her. If she would do the same to me, I would be devastated. What if I just bring her with me?

Hmmmm... 🤔.

Then I received another message from my ex.

"Just come see me, Lisa. Won't eat you or anything like that!"

I wasn't sure what to tell her just yet.

I will just say yes and ask Jennie if she would like to come.

I called her right away.

"Yes Lisa?" She answered after a few rings.

"Lisa? Who the hell is that?"

"Okay okay... yes baby?" She's giggling.

"There...that's better!"

"What is it?"

"Ahmmm...you free after work on Monday?"

"Actually no. I have a meeting with one of our clients. He doesn't have time during the day so he requested to meet me early evening."

"And you agreed?!" I was a little mad. She can decline if she wants to. And it's a "he" so...nah. She should've said no.

"You know how passionate I am with my job, Lisa."

"Lisa Lisa.. sure."

"Don't be a kid. Why are you asking?"

"Nothing." I said.

"Baby? Why are you asking?" She sweetly repeated her question and of course that melted me a little.

"Ahmmm...I'm going to meet a friend. I was thinking of bringing you with me."

"I'm sorry. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah. No worries."

"I have to clean the house. I'm hanging up, okay?"

"Okay. I love you my baby mandu!"

"I love you too my baby monkey!"

And we ended the call.

**Monday... Lisa is already with her ex at the restaurant**

Lisa's POV

It's so good to be with her again. No romantic feelings for her now but she had been a big part of my life so I'm comfortable just being around her.

We were giggling and talking about the old times and how crazy we were in school.

After a while, I received a message from Jennie.

"It doesn't look like a friendly date to me. You should've been honest. I won't hold you back if you're happier with someone else."

I looked around. A couple of tables to our left, I saw Jennie stood up and was about to leave with who I would suppose is the client.

She glanced at me before heading to the door. The client held her elbow and lead her out of the restaurant.

It doesn't look like a business meeting to me either. Fuck.