The Maid 2

I thought I had gotten off the hook for my little indiscretion. I wasn't sure where there were cameras, but if there were any, I hoped it would look like an accident.

The rest of the day was smooth sailing; I remained bored, but I got all of my chores done in record timing. By the time I was finished cleaning up from dinner, it was still only six thirty. I had the rest of my night to relax.

So, with the image of Addison still stuck in the back of my mind, I decided to just forget about it. She probably wouldn't be back again anytime soon; she didn't seem like the type to confront me about it.

But then again, she also didn't seem like the type to own an extensive collection of sex toys. People could be surprising.

The 'will she?' Or 'won't she?' Questions that nagged at me made it quite difficult to actually kick back and let myself unwind. I felt as if I were wound up so tight that my joints would soon crack from the pressure; each breath I took broke a rib, so breathing deep was not the solution.

Absentmindedly, I went back down to my bedroom (I had a large bedroom in the basement, complete with an attached full bathroom) and began to pick out some pyjamas. My mind wandered to thoughts of her, as my hands picked a random bubble bath to throw in the tub.

Baths always helped me relax. Maybe some bubbles would help clear the fog surrounding my brain a little bit. I dumped an unceremonious amount of suds into the gigantic claw foot tub that sat in the middle of the bathroom.

The Montgomery-Forbes' couple were very generous with their accommodations; my bedroom was huge and the bathroom was enormous. Equipped with a stand-up shower, a double sink vanity (with a huge mirror), the marvellous tub that I was in awe over, and my own personal stacked washer/dryer set that sat in a small closet in the bathroom. The bathroom also came pre-stocked with towels, cloths, robes, soaps, shampoos, you name it. They spared no expense in making sure the help was well looked after.

Everything was so white, so clean and pristine, it made me feel like I was in an episode of Gossip Girl; the marble tile of the bathroom felt cold under my feet, so after putting the bubble bath away I quickly slipped into some plush, white slippers (also compliments of the family) and made my way to the closet to grab some towels and a robe.

I felt like I was in a luxurious hotel; I grabbed two thick, plush towels and a robe before closing the closet and making my way over to the tub to turn the water faucet off, discarding my towels and robe on the vanity counter in the process.

The steaming hot bath smelled amazing, I was excited to relax and let the water take the pressure out of my tensed muscles. I sighed in content as I lowered down into the tub, leaning back to let the water encase me completely. Whatever bubble bath I chose made the water silky smooth and soft to touch; I knew my skin would be super soft when I got out, as opposed to the dry wrinkles the cheaper bubble bath leaves.

I wasn't in the water more than a minute or two when I heard three sharp knocks on my bedroom door. Luckily, I'd left the bathroom door open so I could easily hear if anyone was by.

"Yes?" I called out, unmoving from my bubbly oasis until I knew it was absolutely necessary. Nobody bothered me after working hours, usually, but every now and then someone would need something on off hours and of course, I always complied.

"Miss Grey, a word?"

And despite the hot water that surrounded me, my blood ran cold and my heart stopped in my chest.

It was Addison.

"Oh, uh, yeah" I stuttered, the small waves made by my abrupt (and clumsy) movements to scramble out of the tub had splashed onto the floor, making that lovely marble tile a slippery death trap beneath my feet.