Are you flirting with me?

"Look at you, dressed to the nines" Meredith complimented me on my outfit as I was just about to leave work for the night.

"I have a date" I sigh, shuffling through my bag to make sure I still had my lip gloss "the first one in a long ass time. I'm not even sure I remember what I'm supposed to do" I chuckle nervously, uneasy at the idea of meeting someone new after ten years of marriage.

"You look incredible. I'd pay big money to switch places with the guy you're going out with" Meredith tells me with a wink, as she gathers up the charts she was updating.

I raise an eyebrow tentatively and look over to her as she begins to walk away. "Are you flirting with me?" I ask, watching as she turns her head to smirk back at me.

"Of course I am"

~

My date went horrible; he was twenty minutes late, talked about himself the entire time, took two phone calls before the appetizers were even out and then left early, skipping desert entirely. Needless to say, I was quite discouraged the next morning when I showed up to work.

"Good morning sunshine, how was your date?" Meredith greets me with my first chart of the morning and a cup of coffee. She was on my service for the week, and I didn't mind a bit. She was quite flirty with me, which (being completely honest) really did help my self esteem.

"I don't wanna talk about it" I grumble, accepting the coffee gratefully and gulping down the first sip. I couldn't catch a fucking break, so it seemed.

"You looked amazing last night, at least tell me he was worth the make up" she says, seemingly interested in the details of my horrible date.

"I have another date tomorrow night, and hopefully this one isn't as bad" I change the topic, directing it towards the second date I'd somehow managed to get. I really was trying so hard to put myself out there and so far it was biting me in the ass.

"Do I know the lucky guy?" Meredith inquires with a smirk "he must be cute, though I doubt he's in your league. You happen to be drop dead gorgeous and I'm positive it wouldn't be hard for you to score a date with a hot guy"

It's my turn to shock her now, as I begin walking towards the patients room.

"Actually, her name is Angela and I happen to think she's quite cute"

~

Angela was amazing. She was not only on time, but she was polite and courteous and asked questions about me and my life instead of only talking about herself. She didn't leave early, she insisted on paying the entire bill, and she asked me out for a second date that I gratefully accepted.

"I didn't know you were bisexual" Meredith says with surprise as I gush over how absolutely amazing Angela was. "Have I fallen and hit my head? Is this an early Christmas present?" She jokes lightly.

"I didn't know you were bisexual either" I point out "until I caught you staring at my ass" I snicker as Meredith blushes lightly. "The world is just full of surprises"

"Flirting with you when I thought I had no chance was one thing, flirting with you now that I know you're bisexual is a whole other thing. Get ready to be wooed" Meredith promises me with a signature wink "you won't know what hit you; Angela will be heartbroken"

"What makes you think you have a chance now?" I counter, a hand on my hip. "Angela is amazing; she's a social worker, she volunteers every summer for habitat for humanity, she's fostered children who couldn't find homes" Angela earned a gold star in every single aspect of life as far as I was concerned.

"Because" Meredith puts a hand around my waist and pulls our bodies together, so close we're fitted like puzzle pieces. And as much as I hated to admit it, my heart just about beat out of my chest.