There's only one bed

Night 1/3

"Well" Meredith exclaimed, unlocking the hotel room door and stepping in. "I suppose we'll have to make due with this" she dropped her bags and began to shrug her coat off.

"There's only one bed" I deadpanned, looking around the room, still holding my bags.

Meredith nodded "Yes, just like they said at the front desk. The reservation was mixed up and they have no more rooms until tomorrow morning. You were there, don't you remember?" She asked quizzically.

"I thought it was some kind of sick dream"

Richard had sent Meredith and I off on a weekend-long getaway to a conference and workshop in Florida, where we'd be listening to lectures and learning different in-utero surgical techniques. Originally, I was supposed to go alone, but Callie got sick with the flu and Derek was flying to New York for his new nieces baptism, which meant there was a shortage of attendings and an overflow of interns. Richard, being the nice guy he is, decided Meredith would be a good companion to send along with me.

"After all, Addie" he'd said with a smile "she shows some real potential. It would be a waste for her to spend the weekend sewing up cuts in the ER"

I knew not to argue; after all, it could've been worse. He could've sent Yang with me instead.

Because this was a last minute idea, the hotel didn't get notified that we'd need a second bed until a couple days before we were due to leave. When we checked in, they informed Meredith (while I took a much needed bathroom break) that the hotel was full and the only room they had for us had one king sized bed. They claimed nobody called until a couple hours before we got there, which was strange since Richard said he'd have somebody call.

We'd have to make due until morning.

"The place is full; every surgeon who's cutting edge is here. Nobody wants to miss this" Meredith told me, as she unzipped her bag. "We could go to a different hotel, but I'd say anything close by is booked up on such short notice. And it's three in the morning, I'm exhausted Addison. Just deal with me for one night" she sighed, pulling out some pyjamas and a toothbrush.

I nod, not overly excited about the prospect of sharing a bed but grateful that Meredith is tiny.

We got ready in silence, brushing our teeth and changing into our pyjamas quickly so that we could just go to bed. It was late, and we were both exhausted.

"Stay on your side" I mumbled as we both crawled into our perspective sides of the bed.

"I wouldn't move if you paid me"

~

I woke up that morning encased in something. No, someone.

It was quite content, snuggled up to a warm body. I sighed happily, not yet realizing where I was or who I was with. Then, like a ton of bricks, reality hit me and I realized I was snuggled up to Meredith fucking Grey.

Like I'd just been drenched in ice water, I leapt backward to look at Meredith who, to my dismay, was awake and laughing. I was hoping she'd missed it.

"You're such a snuggle bug, you kept rolling over into me and I couldn't keep pushing you away!" Meredith told me, when I shot her the stink eye upon waking up fully.

"Don't" I say, my tone low and dangerous "ever call me a 'snuggle bug' ever again. Ever" I would've killed her had it not been illegal.

She just shrugs and stands up.