Kitten

Part two of this will be coming next, I couldn't write it all as one chapter because it wouldn't be organized and neat enough. Plus it would be pretty long, if I can make it longer and split it into two chapters might as well ¯\_()_/¯

Expect the unexpected; the one rule of life I'd always lived by. I never knew what was going to be thrown my way, in my personal life or my professional life. Being a surgeon kept me on my toes, I never went with expectations because I knew expecting something to happen was far fetched; life happened all on its own, expectations be damned.

But never in a million years, a million surgeries, a million heartbreaks or a million scenarios would I have ever expected to be friends with Addison Montgomery.

Expect the unexpected.

Addison and I had become quite good friends, shockingly enough, and I found myself enjoying her presence and her pleasant conversations. Her company was always welcomed and enjoyed.

It started out as casual conversations; we'd been working the ER together late one night, and had nothing better to do besides sip on our lukewarm coffee and talk to one another. From there, I grew to respect her and to like her, even. But even that first night, at three am talking to her about our university experiences over tired eyes and multiple cups of coffee, I never imagined we'd become as close as we did.

Casual conversation turned into a friendship, which turned into what I could only describe as an unbreakable bond. I'd blinked, and she had become a part of me.

On one particular day, a slow day (not that anyone would say it out loud and jinx it), Callie, Addison and I were talking about our most recent, and most memorable, sex. With nothing to do, the topic came up as we sat in the empty ER, the three of us the only doctors running the ER with Addison calling all the shots.

"There was this one girl, before I met Arizona" Callie reminisced "she knew what she was doing, and she had the stamina to do it right. She was wild" Callie shook her head, smiling at the memory. Callie, so far, had the best stories. She was wild, and while I had my fair share of sex, I never had quite as much as she did. She was a legend; it was quite impressive really.

"Best sex of your life?" I ask, twirling around in one of the office chairs behind the ER's front desk. It was nearly two in the morning, the only two nurses manning the ER with us were gone for coffee, which meant we were alone to discuss whatever our hearts desired.

Naturally, high on caffeine and exhaustion, our minds went to the most absurd topics. The ER so late at night almost felt like a whole new planet, a whole new place to discuss our most kept secrets without feeling judged or ridiculed.

"Nah" she shakes her head "I thought it was, definitely the best before Arizona. But lemme tell ya, every single time we have sex it gets better and better. Just when I think it can't get any better, it does" Callie and Arizona were still in the beginning stage of their relationship where everything was new and they couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

I tried not to envy it.

"What about you, Meredith?" Callie asks me, munching on some chips as Addison absently flips through a book, not as involved in the conversation.

I shrug nonchalantly "For men or for women?" I considered myself straight, but I'd had my fair share of amazing sex with women. I'd never had a relationship with a woman, but one night stands with them were plentiful, especially when I was travelling across Europe.

"You've fucked women?" Addison asks me, an eyebrow raised as she continues thumbing through her book, not lifting her eyes.

"You haven't?" I counter, watching as her eyes drift from the book and up to meet my own. Addison didn't swear often, and I tried not to focus on how sexy she was when she did. We were friends, and that meant I had to block out everything about her that was breathtakingly sexy.