S3E4

Addison's POV:

"Oh my God are you pregnant or something?"

The second Yang's annoying voice rang in my ears, I wanted nothing more than to disappear. Meredith Grey, who was currently dating my husband, was also currently throwing her guts up in the middle of the hospital.

"Oh great, that's all I need. An adulterous love child" I sigh, shaking my head in disbelief. If he was going to bone interns, he could've at least wore a damn rubber.

"Better than an adulterous bitch" Derek says over his shoulder, rushing to her side as always.

I don't pay him any attention; my mind is occupied with the thought that Meredith was pregnant with Derek's child. I was sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

My day went on, and I became more and more irritated with each passing second. I had a patient in labour who needed an emergency c-section ASAP, but was refusing it, Mark Sloan somehow weasled his way into a job at Seattle Grace, and Meredith Grey was carrying my husbands child.

As I was going down the hall, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I turned, and the one and only Meredith Grey was laid up in a hospital bed, waving me down.

"You bellowed, Dr. Grey?" I ask, picking up her chart and giving it a quick glance. Appendicitis; completely curable. I felt myself let out a deep breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

"Hi" is all she says, a sheepish look on her face.

"You certainly are, but you're not pregnant" I say, placing her chart back down. They must've given her some morphine for the pain, because Meredith's head was in the clouds and it was plain as day to tell.

"I'm trying to choose between two men" she says sombrely, and it takes all I've got in me not to snort.

"Okay, well good luck with that" I turn to go, not wanting nor needing to hear anything else the inebriated mind of Meredith Grey could conjure up.

"How did you know Derek was the one?"

I stop at the doorframe, hearing her question and unsure of what to say back. I turn on my heels to face her again, a confused expression upon my face.

"Excuse me?"

"I know you hate me and all, and you don't owe me anything. Not a thing. Nooooo-thing" she says, staring at the ceiling with wide, drug-induced eyes. "What was I saying?" She asks, once her attention was back on me.

"Derek"

"Right" she sighs, a look of tortured thought on her face "I want him to be the one, but I would know if he was the one right? You knew, right?" She asks me, more open and honest than she'd ever be sober.

"I didn't know I just..Derek's the kind of guy that I just knew he wouldn't hurt me, not on purpose anyway. Not the way I hurt him" I figured I owed her the same open honesty she was currently giving me.

"He hurt me when he chose you" the words spoke, but the look in her eyes was louder. He broke her, just like he broke me, and I didn't want that for her. She didn't deserve that.

"I should've let him go. I should've stepped aside, been a better person. A lot of things" I sigh, trying to find the words to say to make up for her emotional pain.

"Me too. A lot of things" she agrees, looking more dazed than ever. I just look at her, for a long moment, and study her face. I could see what Derek saw in her; she was different.

"I don't hate you" I say, breaking the silence. And surprisingly it was true; Meredith wasn't in the wrong, the only two people in the wrong were Derek and I.