The Quarantine Diaries III

Slow burn? Yes. Am I sorry? Kind of. Did I write this chapter and the next one back to back bc y'all hyped me up on the last one? Yes. Am I a sucker for compliments? Also yes. I love you all, and I'm so excited for these next chapters ❤️ ~Daisy

day four

addison's pov:

"We're halfway through the first week" Meredith says with a smile, as we sit on my bed together watching some trashy reality TV. "One fourth of the way through it"

Even though I'd been complaining the entire four days, a part of me was dreading not getting to talk to Meredith every day.

She'd grown on me, in so many ways. She made me coffee every morning, and in return I'd make her bed while she was in the shower. We had mutual respect for one another, and I found myself longing to be with her, even though she was only five feet away practically at all times.

My mind was a mess and so was my heart, and though I didn't know much, I knew she was different. And I knew without a doubt in my mind that I was attracted to her.

"I miss work" I sigh "but I have to say, getting to relax most of the day is a nice break" as surgeons, we barely ever got time off. Vacations were a rare luxury, and weekends off were a hot commodity.

"We should do something productive today" she suggests "make us feel better about the ungodly amount of room service and alcohol we've consumed"

"Like what? We could pace the length of the room for a bit, see if that gets out any energy" I say jokingly, and she smacks me lightly while rolling her eyes. Even though it had only been four days, that added up to 96 hours we spent solely in one another's company; more time than the average couple spent together in one month.

And we still had ten days left. Ten days, 240 hours, over fourteen thousand minutes.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's more than I'd spent with my own mother in my entire life.

"No, you brat" I ignored the tingling feeling that shot down my spine when she called me a brat "We could clean, we could read, we could do some laundry" she lists, putting a finger up to go along with each suggestion and I audibly groan.

"Lame, lame and lame. We spent all day cleaning, and we did laundry last night. Not to mention all the reading" I counter. Meredith and I had been reading in all our free time, minus the time at night we spent watching reality tv.

"Well, then we'll just have to play board games"

"No way" I exclaim "I always lose. I'm convinced you cheat" I grumble, still remembering all the times I'd lost at monopoly, uno, Clue, scrabble, go-fish, and scat. I happened to be amusingly horrible at games.

"Well, what do you suggest, Madonna?"

She was starting to call me Madonna whenever I was being overly dramatic; it never failed to make me smile, even when I was so irritated I could've punched a wall.

"21 questions" I declare "if you're so brave, I want to play 21 questions and I want honest answers out of you"

It would be a cold day in hell before I admitted out loud that I only ever suggested 21 questions as a game when I was attracted to someone.

"Alright" she says, an amused expression on her face "ask away"

I think for a moment, trying to find a good question that would help me get to know her a little bit better.

"When's your birthday?" I ask, because zodiac signs seemed to say a lot about a person these days.

"April fourteenth, nineteen eighty seven" She replies "I'm an Aries. Chaos follows me wherever I go"