The Quarantine Diaries VIII:

day 11

meredith's pov:

The day after Cristina had tested us both for covid, I noticed I woke up with a sore and dry throat. I let out a little cough, noticing I was raspier than normal.

"Stupid Covid test" I mumble, pissed off that it was still uncomfortable today. With a sigh, I saw that Addie was still curled up sleeping peacefully, so I rolled over and out of bed to go get a bottle of water.

When I'd make it to the fridge, I sighed, and noticed my nose was still stuffed. Rolling my eyes yet again, I grabbed a bottle of water and went to open it, when I heard coughing from behind me.

"Good morning" I say, grabbing a second bottle of water and turning to go get back into bed "I've got you some water. Still sore?" I hold out the water, which she looks at with relief in her eyes.

She nods, barely sitting up, and takes the water from me gratefully.

"Thank you" she says, her voice sounding rougher than usual.

"Sore throat?" I ask, and she nods before chugging half the bottle of water in an attempt to hydrate.

"That covid test can suck it. My throat is sore and my nose is stuffy" She grumbles, putting the cap back on the water before lying back down with a disgruntled sigh.

"Maybe a hot shower will help" I suggest "come on, I'll even wash your hair" I wink suggestively, and she laughs, throwing the covers back dramatically to stand up.

"Alright, I'm convinced. Hopefully the steam will help a bit"

~

The steam did seem to help, which made me think that we were probably just congested from having something stuck so far up our noses.

After dinner, I'd decided to paint my toenails while Addison read some emails.

I spread out a towel on the floor, my nail polish in hand as I opened up the sliding glass door just a smidge to let the fumes out, before sitting down and getting to work.

Normally, I didn't bother with painting my nails. But when in quarantine, boredom is a far worse fate than Hawaiian blue toes.

I hummed absently to myself as I painted my toes, not worrying about getting them perfect because my only aim was to get it on just the nail and not the entire toe.

"Can you close the door baby?" Addie says absently, her glasses on her nose as she clicked through her emails. "It's cold in here" she was wearing a pair of sweatpants, a t-shirt, her hotel robe, and slippers.

Meanwhile, I was on the floor wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. I didn't find it overly cold at all, if anything, I thought the night was more mild than usual.

"I'll finish painting my toes outside, the smell gives me migraines" I chuckle, standing up on my heels with the blue bottle of polish in my hand.

"It's freezing outside, Meredith. You'll get sick" she says, turning to look away from her computer screen to meet my eyes with concern.

"It isn't really cold. It's 55° today, warmer than usual for March. I'll only be out there for a minute anyway" I shrug, grabbing a hoodie off of the closest armchair to throw on so I wouldn't be chilly.

"There's no way it's 55°" she scoffs "it feels like 30°" I just shrugged in response as I went outside, sliding the door closed behind me.

I wasn't chilly as I sat on the patio chair, it wasn't windy or raining which was an automatic win. I made quick work of my toes, and then sat to let them dry for a moment before going back inside.