The Quarantine Diaries VII:

day 10:

addison's pov:

As our time in quarantine grew closer and closer to being over, instead of the joy I knew I would have felt two weeks ago, I only felt sorrow.

"Today sucks" I sigh, as Meredith and I laid together in bed, curled up watching trashy reality TV. "Only four days of this left; then we're back to reality"

"You are my reality" she tells me, her arms tightening slightly around me, pulling me closer. "Even after we're out of here, I'll still want you. It's impossible for me to not want you, Adds"

That made my heart happy; while it didn't ease my mind, or make the situation any less sad, it made me happy knowing that the end of quarantine was just the beginning of something new.

"The nurse is stopping by today" she continues "to do our Covid tests, by the time we've been quarantined for two weeks, the hospital will have our results. If one of us has it, we both have it" she tacks on, and I laugh.

"Of course. We haven't been keeping our six feet apart, have we?" I murmur, turning onto my side to kiss her jawline.

"Definitely not. I don't even want to be six inches away from you" she lets out, and it's breathier than she intends, I can tell. I smile against her neck, my lips moving down her neck.

Then, as if on cue, there's a knock at the door.

"Ugh" I groan, flopping down, making Meredith laugh. "The nurse could not have had worse timing. Isn't she supposed to call first?" I mumble.

"I don't know, love" Meredith says, amused "but either way, I have to go unlock the door" she kisses the top of my head, before rolling out of bed, causing me to let out another groan of discontent.

"This is stupid" I say, as I hear her unlock and open the door.

"Chief sent me to do your Covid tests!" Cristina's voice rang out, and I was so grateful just to see another person, even if it was Yang.

"Cristina!" Meredith said, as I rolled out of bed and stood up. Cristina was gowned and gloved and wearing a mask; it reminded me of a hazmat suit.

"Cristina?" I ask, looking at her with confusion. "You were sent instead of the nurse?" I wasn't upset by this, Cristina seeing me in my pyjamas was a lot less embarrassing than a random nurse.

"I asked if I could, considering your hands are worth a million bucks a year, Chief was more than happy to make sure a first year nurse didn't scramble your brains with the cotton swab or something" Cristina retorts, and I shrug with a nod in agreement.

"Wait, scramble our brains?" Meredith asks "how do these tests go exactly? Isn't it just a quick nose swab?"

"Didn't you read the email?" I ask her, bringing up the emails we'd been sent by the hospital regarding the standard procedure for Covid testing.

"No, Adds, obviously I didn't, I've been a little preoccupied" she winks at me, and I can't help but roll my eyes with a small smile in response.

"You guys sure are buddy-buddy now" Cristina says skeptically "what happened during quarantine? Did hell freeze over?" She's joking, but honestly, it may as well of.

Never in my life would I have imagined that quarantine would bring me to Meredith Grey in the way it did.

"We've been stuck in a room together for ten days" I point out, and Meredith rolls her eyes.