The Quarantine Diaries: V

day seven

meredith's pov:

I just sat and watched her, still in her pyjamas with her hair in a bun, sitting cross-legged on her bed with her laptop open in front of her as she answered emails with one hand, and sipped a cup of coffee with the other.

She was beautiful. Even now, even like this, especially like this, she was stunning, and I couldn't help but just look at her.

A pleasant sight for my sore eyes.

"You know you're staring, right?" She says, eyes still trained on the screen of her laptop.

"I can't help it" I smirk "you're beautiful. I like looking at you"

At that, she blushed crimson, but still didn't look up from her work. She twisted to the side, placing her mug on her nightstand, to begin typing replies.

"Don't you have work to do, Dr. Grey?" She asks me, a certain tone of playfulness to her tone as she continued to type, fingers moving a mile a minute over the keyboard.

"It can wait" I say simply, and this is what catches her attention. Her hands stop cold, and she sighs, still not turning to look at me.

"That's the first time in twenty years I've heard someone say that"

My mind went to Derek, and how loveless and dull their marriage had become before Addison had slept with Mark. He worked a lot, he was away a lot, he prioritized his job over everything else.

Including his own wife.

"My Mom never had time for me" I blurt, unable to think of anything else to say "she used to work late, leave early. She didn't go to parent-teacher meetings, she didn't tuck me in at night, she didn't wish me luck on my math tests. I learned very quickly that a job isn't everything; look where my Mother is now" it was sad, but it was true.

A job is nothing if you have no family to share your life with.

"She missed out on someone pretty damn extraordinary" Addison says, smiling, finally turning away from her laptop to face me. "You're incredible, and you became who you are without her, be proud Meredith"

"This, this right here is why I sit and stare at you" I say, tilting my head "because you're beautiful, inside and out" the radiated this energy that I just longed to be around; everything about her made me want to know more and more about her.

And of course, the fact that she was stunningly gorgeous made me want to kiss her until she couldn't catch her breath.

"You're crazy"

"Maybe. But I'm crazy for you"

~

day eight

addison's pov:

It was two o'clock in the morning, and while I'd given up and gone to bed an hour ago, Meredith was still awake puttering around, unable to sleep.

Eventually, when I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep until she came to bed, I rolled over and shoved my feet into my slippers before slipping into my robe.

"It's late" I say, after opening the sliding glass door to see Meredith leaning over the rail, her head looking down at the street below. "What are you doing?" It was chilly, but she was wearing a hoodie and sweats as opposed to my thin cotton pyjamas and terry cloth robe.

"Truthfully?" She asks, and I nod "I'm bored out of my mind. So I'm trying to spit and hit that stop sign down there" she sounded so casual, as if this were a normal every day activity for a grown woman.